IGNORED

mpeg for Atari on Antique's Roadshow

64squares

Doesn't work for me either:

ftp://www.cyberspaceport.com:22/AtariRoadshow.mpg

When I right click and try to save it, it just keeps looking and looking and looking, but never downloads. Do you have to use special software to download it with?

I have cable acces to the Internet and can download 8 megs in less than a minute. Despite that, I've been getting error readings all day from that link. If someone has successfully downloaded that Mpeg, could they please zip it and post it to this thread? I'd love to watch the infamous segment as well.

I am using Windows ME and IE 6. I just clicked on the link 64squares posted. On the page that popped up I just right-clicked on the link for the mpeg, selected "Save Target As..." and downloaded it to my hard drive. No problems. Tomorrow night I might go to my e-mail accounts and find out which one can let me save an e-mail with the mpeg attached so I can just send it out to anyone that wants it.

Can you post a .zip file thats 8MB? If I can, I will try to post it here instead.

AHA! One, he's running FTP on a wierd port. Two, he's running the Windows 2000 FTP server. Three... the server doesn't support passive mode. So not only will it not work behind a firewall, your average web client probably won't know how to use active mode. Great way to keep your bandwidth usage down.

"ftp -A " worked for me.

Now to see about how to get it out to you guys. Looks like a job for Bittorrent. I guess I should figure out how to set up a BT tracker.

Holy postage stamp, Batman!

What's funny is that as the camera panned sideways in a long shot, I actually craned my neck following that label with the funny plus-shape on it, just because it wasn't familiar!

Oh yeah, five bucks each. Riiiiiight. Pac-Man might be worth half that new in an unopened box. A hundred each for a console? Maybe with original box and instructions in good condition.

"ftp -A " worked for me.

Now to see about how to get it out to you guys.  Looks like a job for Bittorrent.  I guess I should figure out how to set up a BT tracker.

Tried that, it didn't work for me. I don't know how to use Bit Torrent or what it is, so I guess I'm SOL :(

I am having problems sending the mpeg. A 8MB file takes way too long for me to send on a 56k modem connection. It would take more than two hours. I am very sorry about this. I have made 2 copes of it as ".WMV" files (works with Windows Media Player). They work fine and they don't take that much time for me to send. I have attached the low quality one. The higher quality one (only 3MB) I will try to send as e-mail Friday or Saturday night.

Sorry for the trouble. :sad:

atariroadshow_low_quality.zip