IGNORED

Imagic manuals - Question

shining slade

Does anyone know which manuals came with which games? I mean, as far as the larger manuals vs. the smaller ones?? I thought the larger manuals came with the pic label carts and the smaller with the text label carts but I'm not sure. :? Also what's up with the Riddle of The Shpinx manual being both BW/ color?? I thought the BW manuals were with the blue labeled carts? Can anyone clear this up for sure? :ponder: :?:

• 6 months later...

Bumping an old thread here because I just got a bunch of B&W Imagic manuals and now I'm wondering the same thing. I'm almost definite that they did not come with the blue labeled carts. Is there a correlation between text/picture labels and the different types of manuals?

On a similar note, did the day scene Atlantis come in a day scene box with a day scene manual?

I was just going through my recently rediscovered box-o'-manuals and found two of my Imagic blue-text-label instructions, Atlantis I-010-03 and Moonsweeper I-001-03. They're just single-fold and text-only. Even the IMAGIC logo is rendered as the word "IMAGIC" with a couple of roundrects around it.

I believe there are 2-3 revisions on most of the Imagic manuals/boxes.

Older boxes/manuals are from Saratoga, CA

(Trick Shot, Demon Attack, Star Voyager, etc)

They had small manuals

They also had trays that were mostly cardboard with just a smaller plastic tray inside it. (later trays were mostly plastic with just a cardboard backer board)

The oldest boxes/manuals did not have revision numbers.

I'm not refering to the "IA 3000" etc on spine, but the "710103-1 Rev. A" on back of box/manuals.

Most of the later boxes they had moved to Los Gatos, CA.

They also added the revision numbers on the backs of the box/manuals.

They also changed to the cheaper trays which are mostly plastic with the cardboard backs. (there are several styles of the plastic trays as well)

Larger manuals started coming in these boxes & have the Los Gatos addy on them as well as revisions.

Although there are a few manuals that are of the smaller size in the Los Gatos boxes. These manuals have the revision numbers on them & actually had a San Jose addy on back, but I've not seen a San Jose box.

And then the lastest boxes were © 1983 and have the Red spines/White lettering these also have the Los Gatos addys, and come with large manuals.

My Night scene box is a Rev A

My Atlantis Day scene box is a Rev C

All my manuals are Day scene Rev B

I don't have a Night scene manual. :(