IGNORED

Saboteur and 3D Rubiks Cube - general question

Adrian M

I've noticed that the prices of the boxed repros at the AA Store vary.

Saboteur is $45...3D Rubiks Cube is $50...Funky Fish is only $35....Realsports Basketball is $45....etc.

Just wondering what the criteria is for establishing prices for these games? Is it because some of these have/had licensing fees? Does the author demand a higher royalty?

I'm just curious is all, particularly since most homebrews (not complete/boxed) consistently debut and sell for $15-$20. This thread should not be taken as a complaint.

Well some of the reason is that boxed games (espeically the silver color) cost more to make. It's hard to believe, but the box is the most expensive part of the reproduction. Also in the case of Rubik's Cube 3-D I believe David Winter (the prototype owner) set the price (I may be wrong though).

Tempest

It's hard to believe, but the box is the most expensive part of the reproduction.  

Actually, you're pretty much correct there. Especially in the case of the repros since you can essentially make the carts as needed while the boxes need to be printed up in one (or more) runs in advance.

I've noticed that the prices of the boxed repros at the AA Store vary.  

Saboteur is $45...3D Rubiks Cube is $50...Funky Fish is only $35....Realsports Basketball is $45....etc.

Just wondering what the criteria is for establishing prices for these games?  Is it because some of these have/had licensing fees?  Does the author demand a higher royalty?

ROM size is an issue...

Saboteur......8K

3D Rubiks Cude......8K (I believe but it's at least > 4K)

Funky Fish..............4K

Realsports Basketball.....8K

Also a royalty has to be paid to the Rubik's Cude people...using their name and all :D