IGNORED

High Score Club Week 19: Midnight Magic

Ze_ro

Argh! I haven't even been able to get half of my previous score... haven't had a lot of luck lately.

I feel your pain, buddy, as I would get SO ripped off on this, and get so infuriated (reminds me, with whoever it was that picked this game for the competition, better hope we don't ever meet up in person, especially if I have my Cap Stun [re: mace] with me, which I always do :D).

Finally beat my high score tonight, but I'm still trailing the top three big time. Oh well, at least I finally broke 700,000, and I've got a good two hours before I go to bed, so I have a chance to get caught up on stuff now, so that's cool. (Plus if I go to bed too early from playing a game, I see images of it in my head and have trouble falling asleep! Whatta nightmare!)

post-3650-1092372416_thumb.jpg

Hey Zero, i would really like to be a part of this, could you please sign me up for next week?

You're in! ... but there's nothing preventing you from taking part in this week's game. There's still a few days left!

--Zero

Getting better: 196,580

TIP: To build on the paddle idea stated earlier. If you have the foot pedal controller you can use the foot pedals to launch the ball and the paddle buttons to operate the flippers. The only downside is the code does not support pushing both buttons at the same time (!?!?!?! an unfortunate oversight by the programmer) So you need to use the foot pedal to operate both flippers at the same time.

1x--purple

2x--blue

3x--green

4x--tan

5x--red

Close, but you're missing one. It's actually Magenta, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, which are the same sequential colors of the drop targets, from right to left (excluding magenta). :thumbsup: And if you can make it to the Red Multiplier (6X), your score will soar.

ò¿ó   smile_to_atarilympics.gif

post-178-1092618349_thumb.jpg

1x--purple

2x--blue

3x--green

4x--tan

5x--red

Close, but you're missing one. It's actually Magenta, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, which are the same sequential colors of the drop targets, from right to left (excluding magenta). :thumbsup: And if you can make it to the Red Multiplier (6X), your score will soar.

Well, I think your score would be "soaring" by then anyway ;)

How do you get it, though? Make it to 5x, but go through the motions twice to make it up to 6?

How do you get it, though?  Make it to 5x, but go through the motions twice to make it up to 6?
Hmmm... That's a good question, since I spent all of about 5 seconds on the "red board". Does the multiplier go up to 6x, or did it stay at 5x? Honestly, everything beyond the Green Board is spent concentrating on the next free ball. I never pay attention to the score, because I'm too busy hoping to get a "free ball" before I "gimp out. :? And once I rolled from the Orange Board to the Red Board, I knew my score would be good, but before I got a free ball, my current one was gone. :thumbsdown:

ò¿ó   smile_to_atarilympics.gif

How do you get it, though?  Make it to 5x, but go through the motions twice to make it up to 6?
Hmmm... That's a good question, since I spent all of about 5 seconds on the "red board". Does the multiplier go up to 6x, or did it stay at 5x?

No, I'm pretty sure it stays at 5x, since TWICE I was at 5x, hit the drop targets to make it up to 6x, and it stayed at 5x. (Unless you have to do this THREE times to make it to 6x ;)) I'm pretty sure 5x is the highest it can go, but do any of our highest scorers know for sure?

Honestly, everything beyond the Green Board is spent concentrating on the next free ball.

That's what I'm ALWAYS trying to do. It's the most important thing, at first!

I never pay attention to the score, because I'm too busy hoping to get a "free ball" before I "gimp out.

I pay attention to it ;)

And once I rolled from the Orange Board to the Red Board, I knew my score would be good, but before I got a free ball, my current one was gone. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, I hate that, or the *moment* you get the free ball, you lose your current one. So there isn't much time to celebrate that one there :| :D

Well with a little luck I managed to get 142,880.

This games physics are a little to wonky for me. It looks like they attempted some randomness in the balls movement (drifts to the right or left). Maybe it was to keep it from getting stuck in certain areas, who knows but it effectively ruins the game. At least as far as real pinball physics are concerned.

In those rare little moments when the ball gets to moving it can be pretty fun. It almost seems like the kickers, or whatever those things are that appear at the bottom, were thrown in to balance out the wonky physics.

But enough is enough, this game is too much for me. Got tired of how the ball just loves to gravitate to that sweet spot between the paddles, etc. Or hoping over your paddle when going down the side chutes.