IGNORED

WARLORDS

alienblue

After looking at both the box and the cart art, and reading the description, these guys would at most be princes, but not kings. Based upon the art, I believe the object is each Warlord's own catapult within his castle walls. However, the manual says...

...Your warlord is located inside the castle...
so it's really hard to determine what they are, since the arcade game used "good guy / bad guy" heads.

...and to contradict that (I just got back to typing this reply), www.klov.com has...

...The original prototype had the name Castles & Kings...
So it's likely we can call them whatever we want. :D

ò¿ó   smile_to_atari.gif

While we're talkin', on the PAL edition there's a "wrap" on the (upper?) 1/3 of the screen. Shields get awfully distorted when they're over that line, and the ball almost disappears. Does the NTSC display the same freaky thing?

That's on the NTSC version too. The color of the ball changes to match the color of the bricks on whatever line it's on (typical 2600 limitation... Breakout and Super Breakout do that too). But beyond that, there's definitely a "warp" or "wrinkle" or something to that effect on the board as well... I have never quite figured out why that's happening, but it reminds me of a billboard when they accidentally overlap two of the sheets, or the fold in a magazine if the pages are cut incorrectly and part of the spread gets tucked under.