IGNORED

Lynx multicarts

Rocko

Well , Kinda. could the lynx handle ports of the 2600 games? and how many would fit on a cart (no enhancements).

I would love to put H.E.R.O., Fishing Derby and Activision Boxing on a cart. Maybe the Pitfalls and a few recomendations (Maybe some simple intellivision games, such as Shark Shark) If I get some time, I might try. I dont know how to program the lynx, but I am trying to learn. Anyone know of any good tutorials (I need to start from scratch, like no programming knowledge.)

Theorically it's possible but it'd have to be port and not emulation and I don't think it'd be easy to handle keypad or paddle based games.

Since Lynx can do 16 different color per scanline, that's a bit more than what 2600 can do at the most

Yeah, I am gonna have to stay away from those games (hence the "Simple" for the intellivison games). I need a good tutorial, and a few recomendations.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunatly, there are no really good Lynx programming tutorials (at least that I know of) The fact is, even on a simple system, C programming and assemby are hard. The Lynx's lack of good support will make this harder for you. This isn't to say it can't be done, but the Lynx is not really a starter programmer system.

Of course, if I'm wrong, I would LOVE to hear some one tell me so.

Also, if you're looking to contribute to Lynx games, I bet there are some people looking for someone to do art or write music for their games.

Unfortunatly, there are no really good Lynx programming tutorials (at least that I know of)  The fact is, even on a simple system, C programming and assemby are hard.

http://www.uni-giessen.de/~gd1113/lynx/lynxdev.html

Ok its not a good one, but I am too lazy to correct this "google" translation...

And there are more example source codes around... (Matthias Domin, Bastian Schick), this is more than enough to start.

The Lynx's lack of good support will make this harder for you.  This isn't to say it can't be done, but the Lynx is not really a starter programmer system.  Of course, if I'm wrong, I would LOVE to hear some one tell me so.

True. You should at least know how to programm 6502 assembler (and maybe C).

Also, if you're looking to contribute to Lynx games, I bet there are some people looking for someone to do art or write music for their games.

I would not count on this. Ppl tend to loose interest after some time...