IGNORED

Midnight Magic

Chris-in-NJ

I've had this for about two months now, and last night I really started to play it "properly" for the first time. It's soooo much better than Video Pinball, which I also got around the same time.

I managed to get the 2X Orpheus in the Underworld playing the first time last night, and managed 3X just now, along with two extra balls. Who'd've thought that Atari had this great pinball game programed in 1984 but waited three years to release it?

Midnight Magic == Video Pinball Bliss

I love the game! :D Always have and always will. So few video pinball titles have really drawn me in the way that MM has. I know there's been several for systems all the way up through modern-day consoles. But if I had to choose one video pinball game for any console, my pick goes to Midnight Magic without further question. :P

I used to play hooky from school with a particular friend...who wasn't all that crazy about video games...but loved Midnight Magic.

We'd sneak back to my house after my folks had left for work and play all day. The only thing missing was the tilt button.

I think it's a miserable game. There's too much space between the flippers and the lack of a nudge feature is senseless. I played much better pinball sims on the PC years before this cart was released (such as the original David's Midnight Magic and Bill Budge's Raster Blaster). I even think Atari's Video Pinball had more playability. 2600 Midnight Magic is nothing more than a pretty playfield.

I think it's a miserable game. There's too much space between the flippers and the lack of a nudge feature is senseless. I played much better pinball sims on the PC years before this cart was released (such as the original David's Midnight Magic and Bill Budge's Raster Blaster). I even think Atari's Video Pinball had more playability. 2600 Midnight Magic is nothing more than a pretty playfield.

Dem's fightin' wurds! :x :P :)

I love MM but really wish someone would make a hack of MM with multiple tables and a nudge feature or an all (almost typed anal) new homebrew with multiple tables, a nudge feature and music! Someday somehomebrewer will fullfill my wish of multiple tables. :love:

Isnt there a 3rd 2600 pinball game thats pretty rare? The name escapes me at the moment, but how good is that one?

-Tim :)