IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

everybody knows, that there is no hacked rom that rocko had. he is just a little cheater and liar. his screenshots were just re-edited and resaved in different program. i won't give him any advice how to do it better.

he is ill, stupid, and should never play again in any competition at atariage.

1. Who the fuck are you, and what is your problem?

Actually he is right, the images have been doctored and I completely agree with him.

Though I am tempted to use your very own language: P*** OFF!!!

Back at you  :P  

Dammit! I can see the rest of the evening's going to be spent trying to beat you! :P

Can't life with the third Place.  :D  

Xype

California Games

BMX - 40660  :)

Back to third you go! :P 41770.

Now to work on Keilbaca's score!

post-4591-1093570284_thumb.jpg

It's all about priorities. I'll post scores on Saturday and Sunday. The only scores I will post will be "medal worthy" ones, and I'll start on the games with weak scores then move to games I'm good at.

Now before accusing him any further, let's wait and see if he really needs to play that bad way.
Just trying to get my name in your "personal attack signature". :thumbsdown: And as is the case with Halo, it's hard for opponents to "kill" you when they don't know where you are or what you're doing.
Agreed. Jeffy, please submit your scores as you get them. People are not going to be happy if you post them all on sunday.
As previously stated, I hope to dig out all of these games Saturday and start playing/posting then.

ò¿ó

It's all about priorities. I'll post scores on Saturday and Sunday.

Sniper :x :P

In all seriousness, why don't we just say that the games are open until Zero makes a post saying they're closed which can happen anytime between midnight and 11:59PM of the day the games are going to close. This way no one can really accuse anyone else of sniping or unfair practices.

As for team USSR, ran into some unforseen extra traveling for work :(

I was wondering where you guys had been... Team USSR, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Team Commodore have been very quiet lately. I hope there haven't been any problems or anything like that. Even if you can't place in an event, it would still be cool to see some scores. Heck, it's better to finish last than to not even try, right?

As previously stated, I hope to dig out all of these games Saturday and start playing/posting then.

Sorry Jeffy, I didn't realize you hadn't even started to play any of the games yet.

In all seriousness, why don't we just say that the games are open until Zero makes a post saying they're closed which can happen anytime between midnight and 11:59PM of the day the games are going to close.

I'm not sure how well that would work for this event... since there are like, 34 events, even if someone posts on sunday morning, that still doesn't leave a lot of time to attempt to beat ALL of their scores...

However, if someone does something really lame and posts a bunch of scores in the last hour that are only a point or two higher than the existing ones, then I may just extend certain events for another day as sort of a tie-breaker or something along those lines. Hopefully it won't come to that, but I'll try to make sure none of the events are ruined by sniping.

--Zero

Now before accusing him any further, let's wait and see if he really needs to play that bad way.
Just trying to get my name in your "personal attack signature". :thumbsdown: And as is the case with Halo, it's hard for opponents to "kill" you when they don't know where you are or what you're doing.

Uhm, why do you attack me now? Actually I was trying to stop any prejudices against you now. :?

BTW: It's the first (and hopefully the last) time I am doing this, but Rocko is there for IMO very good reasons.

ze_ro,

Team USSR (or at least me) will be posting scores either tonight or saturday. finally got a break in the storm. Had an average of 10 clients a day all week plus grant writing for federal aid in the evenings. Thanks for understanding. I know we wont win, but at least we will beat team commadore! :)

Team USSR (or at least me) will be posting scores either tonight or saturday. finally got a break in the storm. Had an average of 10 clients a day all week plus grant writing for federal aid in the evenings. Thanks for understanding. I know we wont win, but at least we will beat team commadore!  

:ponder: :D

dont be so sure, just because we're quiet doesnt mean weve given up, theres at least 2 of us competing still...

I havent had the time this week, but that'll change this weekend.

We may beat you yet ! :P

( :ponder: Commie bastards.. :twisted: )

Long live capitalism !! :P

Si

Just to heat up the competition even a little further ;)' date=' the current standings with an added column with "EPYX scoring" (Gold=5, Silver=3, Bronze=2 points):

Team

I was hoping that it would be something like that, gold should be worth more, IMO. It gives you a more incentive to get gold, then the "Ah well, I got silver or bronze, and its worth the same so that's fine" deal.

Team USSR (or at least me) will be posting scores either tonight or saturday. finally got a break in the storm. Had an average of 10 clients a day all week plus grant writing for federal aid in the evenings. Thanks for understanding. I know we wont win, but at least we will beat team commadore!  

:ponder: :D

dont be so sure, just because we're quiet doesnt mean weve given up, theres at least 2 of us competing still...

I havent had the time this week, but that'll change this weekend.

We may beat you yet ! :P

( :ponder: Commie bastards.. :twisted: )

Long live capitalism !! :P

Si

:lol: THE BATTLE FOR NEXT TO LAST PLACE HAS BEGUN!

I disagree, medals are medals, if you place in the Top 3, that's excellent with all the great competition here.

Sure, but don't you agree that a gold is more worth than a bronze?

If you look at the public, nobody remembers somebody who won 5 bronze medals, but they will remember someone who did only 3 gold medals.

And how do you explain somebody will all 4th places that his score is absolutely worthless, but with 3rd place he would be on top?

In Germany the rating is done exactly the opposite way as in the US. Gold is 1st for the ranking, only if both nations have the same number of those, silver is evaluated at all! And only if gold and silver are identical, bronze is counted. Thus silver is only a tiebreaker and bronze almost completely worthless.

IMO both systems are extreme and not very fair, the "Epyx scoring" is IMO a really good compromise.

Thomas, I agree with you that a Gold is more if we are talking about real life Olympics.

But here, in this land of amateur videogaming, I don't believe that's necessary. Going by Zero's rules, it's just the most number of medals. That way, every team has an equal shot of winning if they medal in so many events.

Now, if you were to take away the one professional gamer who has an incredible amount of world records from this contest, then I'd be OK with your system.

And, if you took away the pro, then (unless Jeffy pulls a fast one on all of us) there would probably be only one team at the top, which would be USA.