IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

Maybe I don't understand the scoring system, but if it's like the HSC, then team commodore has 6 medals, not 2.

I counted:

1 gold, in Hot-Dog(winter games)

2 silvers, Hurdles(summer games) and Ski-Jump(winter games)

3 bronze, 100y-dash(summer games), luge(winter games), and long-jump(track and field).

As for weighted medals, I'm against that because it wasn't mentioned in the original post for team signup, and if the medals were weighted, it would cause a lot of unfair and unsportsman-like sniping.

Maybe I don't understand the scoring system, but if it's like the HSC, then team commodore has 6 medals, not 2.

I counted:

1 gold, in Hot-Dog(winter games)

2 silvers, Hurdles(summer games) and Ski-Jump(winter games)

3 bronze, 100y-dash(summer games), luge(winter games), and long-jump(track and field).

The way I've done things, when there's a tie, the next medal is "skipped"... so for SG-Hurdles, since there are four people tied at 21.1s, they all get gold, and no silver or bronze is awarded... As for Ski Jump, jedijeff and MattyXB are tied at 177.7 and both get gold, while you have 177.6 and get bronze (ie, only three medals are awarded). For the Luge, two people are tied for first, so they both get gold, and then two people are tied for third, so they both get bronze and no silver is awarded... you're technically in 5th place in that one. I guess the numbering kinda makes it confusing, and it's not quite the same as the way I've done things in the HSC games, but that's the case. So, as it is, you have 1 gold in the Hot Dog, and 1 bronze in the Ski Jump.

I've also updated the scoring... hopefully any miscounts have been corrected (but I'm doing this at about 3am, so who knows, right?)

--Zero

Maybe I don't understand the scoring system, but if it's like the HSC...

:idea: There is only one, but important difference:

If there is more than one winner of a medal, the next medal(s) are skipped. E.g. after two gold medals follows bronze, after one gold and two (or more) silver(s) there is no bronze medal.

This is identical to the real Olympics or any other major international sport event.

It's amazing how fast people are going on the emulated Track and Field. :ponder: :roll:

I have some time to play today so a couple updates for Team USA. (Now if only Larcen and Joshua had more time to play. :( )

Summer Games

Rowing : 22.4

Winter Games

Slalom : 32.7

Jeff

post-1375-1093804770_thumb.jpg

post-1375-1093804771_thumb.jpg

It's amazing how fast people are going on the emulated Track and Field.  :ponder:  :roll:  

I have some time to play today so a couple updates for Team USA. (Now if only Larcen and Joshua had more time to play.  :(  )

Summer Games

Winter Games

Jeff

no shit... i used a program to turn all my buttons to turbo and got a 7.11 on 100m dash on track and field, so it makes you wonder how many scores are real or cheaters.

Wow, this is going to become a really close race. One single score of a team not even on top of the list could decide the final result.

BTW: What is the tiebreaker when two or more teams have the same amount of medals? The number of gold medals? "EPYX scoring"? ...?

It's amazing how fast people are going on the emulated Track and Field.  :ponder:  :roll:  

I have some time to play today so a couple updates for Team USA. (Now if only Larcen and Joshua had more time to play.  :(  )

Summer Games

Winter Games

Jeff

no shit... i used a program to turn all my buttons to turbo and got a 7.11 on 100m dash on track and field, so it makes you wonder how many scores are real or cheaters.

I've been using z26 on T&F using a mouse and keys and it been doing good but not as good as the others.

Ironicly I used pcaewin 2.6 , in full screen it goes normal speed but in the

windowed screen like jeff has it does slowdown the game a bit making it easier to mkae new scores.

When using an emulator, please make sure that it runs at full speed. If you are not sure, have a look at the docs. AFAIK all emulators allow to output or set the framerate which should be 60 fps. (e.g. for z26 use -n and check if it is around 60).

If you have a significantly lower screenrate this will give you an (IMO unfair) advantage. Especially in the button smashing events (Decathlon, SG 100m, the first 5 events of T&F). But also more or less in each other event.

I've been trying most of the morning to break some of my scores, but with limited luck... I managed to boost my Surfing score up to 10,700, but I just can't seem to break 11k :(

I've been TRYING to play some Decathlon, but lord help me, I suck at this game. These stupid joystick-waggling games just leave me with a sore arm afterwards. I don't know how you guys manage to do so well at these... half the time, I can barely get 800 and I'm already sweating. But I did manage to get a few scores. khryssun, are you still playing some of these games? I know you have a few score in Decathlon, but you haven't posted anything for a while, so I wasn't sure if you were still working on them or what... in any case, if you can beat any of the existing Team Canada scores, please post them and I'll remove Malc's or my score for you.

Sorry about any mistakes in medal counts... believe me, I'll recount it at least a few times after midnight just to be completely sure. And yes, in the event of a tie in the number of medals, the team with the higher number of gold's will win... if they have the same number of golds, then the higher number of silvers will win... if they also have the same number of silvers, then I guess it follows that they will also have the same number of bronzes, so I'm not sure what will happen then... maybe add an extra sudden death thing or something, we'll see.

Anyways, here's what I got:

CG-Surfing: 10,700

WG-Ski Jump: 177.3

WG-Biathlon: 0:51.9

D-100m: 1029 points, 10.16s

D-Long Jump: 1163 points, 10.17m

D-Shot Put: 1012 points, 18.99m

D-High Jump: 1025 points, 2.2m

--Zero

Hi there!

I'm running a 32Mb video card, 700Mhz AMD, 512Mb RAM, so when I make my PCAE 2.6 full screen, it runs at about 5 fps, but thanx for the "new info".

From the PCAE manual:

Very fast emulation due to the Pentium-optimized assembly implementation
:lolblue:

(And I was so happy 3 years ago to upgrade from 133 to 266 MHz... :) )

Greetings,

Manuel

Please remove the following scores for team XYPE.

Summergames:

BMX: Cybergoth

Surfing: iguana

Hurdles: MattyXB

Swimming: Cybergoth

Skeet Shooting: MattyXB

Swimming Relay: Thomas Jentzsch, Cybergoth

Track & Field:

Javelin: iguana

110m Hurdles: iguana

And then add for iguana:

Decathlon, Diskus: 51.93m

Thanks!

I'm running a 32Mb video card, 700Mhz AMD, 512Mb RAM, so when I make my PCAE 2.6 full screen, it runs at about 5 fps, but thanx for the "new info".

Ouch! I haven't used PCAE for years now (never worked good for me, lost of bugs and emulation flaws) and I didn't knew that it was that bad.

At least it should be very obvious for everybody when it is not running at full speed. :)