IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

When using an emulator, please make sure that it runs at full speed. If you are not sure, have a look at the docs. AFAIK all emulators allow to output or set the framerate which should be 60 fps. (e.g. for z26 use -n and check if it is around 60).

-n? by me it tell me only the scanlines at the end, no frames? :?

-n? by me it tell me only the scanlines at the end, no frames?  :?

Sorry. You are still using the DOS version, right?

:idea: Then try -fXXX, where XXX is the number of frame the game should run (e.g. with -f600 the game should run for 600 frames = 10 seconds).

Ok, most likely the very last update from me:

Summergames, Surfing: 11.840 (GOLD or nothing! :D)

I suppose Team XYPE is out of the race now, because our active members are going to bed soon.

Good luck to the teams USA and Activision and all others. May the best team win! (and I hope we can defend 3rd place :))

post-45-1093816954_thumb.png

@ Ze_ro: can you remove the following for Team Globetrotter?

Calif Games:

BMX: take off Adonick's score ( 10th ) and keep Dan's score (7th )

Decathlon:

Long Jump: take off maibock's low score( 8th ), but keep maibock's score for 4th place ( 8.98m )

Javelin: take off Comptech25's score( 6th ), and keep maibock's score ( 5th )

Track n Field:

Javelin: take off Gateway( 12th ) and ADD Dan's new score: 93.09 meters

----

Thanks. 8)

post-2955-1093820144_thumb.jpg

This might be it for me unless I get knocked out of poker early tonight. If these are repeats, my apologies.

Decathlon:

Long Jump: 10.76 (1558)

High Jump: 2.4 (1186)

400m Dash: 42.9 (1165)

Discus: 72.18m (1240)

(I came within a whisker of beating Todd's Javelin score and tieing his Long Jump score but I scratched both times with full speed)

Track and Field:

Hammer: 90m06 (posted for posterity)

Summer Games

Swim: 25.0

Rowing: 24.9

Ze_ro, could you please remove taternuts53 and davepesc from team commodore if they don't have the required 4 qualifying scores by 10:30 tonight? I have been unable to contact them and I don't want them to disqualify our team.

Thanks

...it makes you wonder how many scores are real or cheaters.

Not neccessarily cheaters, just maybe not knowing that the emulator is running at a too low speed.

I remember a few weeks ago, just for the hell of it, I tried playing Midnight Magic through DCStella (ie, Stella running on the Dreamcast). The emulation is a little slow for most games, so I was able to trounce my score quite thoroughly, but I didn't submit it, since I knew that would be unfair... I hope everyone is using appropriately swift emulators. It's unfortunate that emulators leave so many ways to cheat, whether it's slowing the machine down, using save states, hacking roms, or altered screen shots. I like to allow emulators though, because at least then everyone should be able to compete, even if they just started collecting.

And here's some more Decathlon scores from me... they're not great, but I'd at least like to see a Team Canada score in every event, even if we don't place. This will likely be the last of my scores... my wrist is really starting to give me trouble :(

D-Discus: 1052 points, 60.75m

D-Javelin: 1013 points, 82.31m

D-400m: 957 points, 0:46.8

D-1500m: 1012 points, 3:39.1

Any sign of Team USSR, Team Commodore, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

--Zero

I'm offering this up because it's medal worthy, but it doesn't really matter. Some members of Team Japan don't have 4 scores each, so we're screwed anyway according to the rules. :sad:

I've done this for two days now and it's been fun, but I'm ready for it to be over. No wonder everyone else is grouchy as hell about every little "thought" of irregularity after two weeks. :roll:

ò¿ó   smile_to_atarilympics.gif

post-178-1093834213_thumb.jpg

Its nearly 4am here, and Ive just installed doom3, so Im notgoing to be spending/wasting much time trying to beat any scores. But to keep us in it my crap scores to amke up the 4 are :

Surfing - 5290 (What a horrible game this is... :| )

Decathlon 400 metres - 47.7 (919 points)

A question, i can see how some of these scores can be done perhapsa with emulation, as its easier to bash 2 keyboard keys fast than waggle a joystick/ T'n'F controller , but for those of you using actual hardware like me (I hate emulation... :x ) , how on earth do you get such good scores in the decathlon events ?

My wrists just cant do it, maybe because Ive been married a while now and theyve weakened, I dunno ? :ponder: :D

I think next time, its gotta be hardware only, or emulation only , not mixed, some of the scores on here seem pretty unobtainable with an actual 2600 and stick (Unless theres some stick thats better that i dont know about ?) Maybe its just that im crap, who knows :?

After this is over would be interesting to see who used emu and who used hardware out of the gold medallists, plus any good tips/techniques people picked up along the way. (Seeing as it'll be over it wont matter)

maybe I'll post again if i get any decent scores, but I cant see it happening :(

Si

ok. Here's the first batch from me. I'm done for the night( rest of the games ). Zero, if another Globetrotter teammate outscores me an posts before the games are over, please count there's in place of mine. At present it looks like all of my team are safe with having at least 4 events each.

I thought it best to at least get a score in every event, although some of these scores are abysmal! :P

There's:

T+F: 100 m dash: 9.37 sec, jav: 94m32, hammer: 84m50, long jump: 9m69

Dec: 1500 M: 3:43.3 - ? points

SummerG: 100 y dash: 11.8 sec, Gym: .8 ;)

WinterG: biathlon: 2:13.7, Ski Jump: The best Crash and Burn Eva! :D

Calif. Games: Surf: 2540, SkateBoarding: 17,530

post-2955-1093835032_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1093835033_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1093835034_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1093835035_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1093835036_thumb.jpg