IGNORED

funky Galaxian end label

SS

Nothing to write home about but I just noticed this in my duplicate pile. It has a much larger font than I'm used to seeing. A quick scan of my other Atari carts doesn't show a similar font used on any of the other games that I own either. Anyone else have one like this?

post-1863-1092540258_thumb.jpg

Copyright 1983. Front label is silver (not a later release gray one) and it has a cartridge lock. In all aspects (other than the end label) it looks to be exactly the same as the other "normal" release Galaxian that I own.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a font mixup somewhere beween the proofs and the line shots. Or maybe the printer doing the labels didn't have a copy of the typefaces that were being used at the time and Atari needed the labels now, so they went with what they had until they were provided with proper fonts.

Yeah, Photo-Paint 7 has a habit of resizing the fonts (being a 1997 program it was one of the first to have an anti-alias font option in windows 95)

If the AA was turned off (or if I used paint) it might have looked more normal

Anyone need a font feel free to ask (i have 986 fonts, 900 came with my Photo-Paint cd, a lot of clones and bad p/s to ttf rips made by other manufacturers though)

Gee, there's a man here who have a website about font variations... I'm squeezing my mind but I just can't recall the address! I'm sure it covers this situation, as well as many others.

That person is me! I own that Galaxian version too. I put it away in a closet that I can't get to. It is on the variation list as version b.

b) Silver2 ©1983, C1, E: plastic, E: huge font

Check out the link if you want to see all the variations. Though I'll be updating it after I get married, probably sometime in October.

http://gpdcomics.tripod.com/id74.html

Phil

• 2 weeks later...