IGNORED

Tac Scan Double Label - what's the deal?

ianoid

Anyone know what the deal with this cart is? I mean double label, as in the back side of the cart has a sticker/label that covers, oh, 2/3 of the lucious black plastic.

It looks very official, as though it was stickered at the factory, rather than by some kid. Unfortunately it is being sold by a lame vendor who sells all 2600 carts at $5, and the other label is a bit worn, lest I'd have picked it up and sent a picture for your pleasure.

Anyone know what the deal with variant this is?

And to think for only $5 we could all be checking out pictures right now!

Erm, it was my $5 there you're talking about. And I'm CHEAP at the markets. I hate being ripped off by those greedy flea market types. His carts are just fading with disinterest.

Alright, alright, I'll pick it up if it's still there.

ian

If you have a boxed Tac-Scan, one of the pack-ins was a sheet of Tac-Scan stickers. I have seen a couple of Tac-Scan carts that have had one of those stickers stuck to the back-side of the cart. That was a mystery to me too, until I found the sticker sheet inside a Tac-Scan box.

My brain is trying to recall, and I can't go ahead and verify anything till I get home, but I definitely own the sticker sheet for the game. I'm just trying to remember if I have the box to the game. When I get home, I'll take a photo of the sticker sheet. You'll have to live with a photo because my scanner has failed me lately.

Phil

Ok, I'm home now and took photos. The first is everything included with the game. There is the cardboard target sheet, the poster, which is the instructions on the other side, the small circle stickers, the large sticker which I'm missing one of, and the box. Maybe you have my lost sticker. :)

Phil

post-1349-1093471630_thumb.jpg

post-1349-1093471631_thumb.jpg

Ack!

I just spent $4 on a mediocre condition Tac Scan for your perusal. It looks like/worse than the pix above. If I'd cracked my sealed copy, perhaps I'd have known.

Double label, shmuble label.

Any other Sega titles come with such an AWESOME set of stickers? Stickers were so cool when I was a kid. Now they are just alright- nice for a drawer or file, not so much to use.