IGNORED

8-Bit Prototype Information Needed!

Tempest

Sorry typo; Superman III.

The author told me he also did ET.

Yes we have several other Synapse games that Atari had converted to single chip XE Supercart versions. I have never had a chance to compare them to Synapse released versions.

Yes I have a whole box of 7800 carts. Most are PAL for some reason?

I sold off most of the 2600 carts over the last few years on Ebay. I have some Save Mary and a few others still left.

I have a box of 7800 stuff. Most PAL. I did not see anything that had not been released but I'm not much on 7800.

Thanks for the info.

If you need help figuring out what you have let me know. And if you decide to sell definitely let me know. :)

Mitch

Don't hoard 7800 prototypes. Share with the 7800 community!

:)

Actually, please share info about all prototypes, but the 7800 has so few and there is a persistant problem of people that have them not wanting to share info about them. Witness: CHUCK NORRIS MISSING IN ACTION, which has been well named! ;-)

Barbados Booty? Never heard of it!

Does this game actually exist, or was it vaporware? Is there an ATR floating around?

It was supposed to be the sequel to Montezumas Revenge. AFAIK it was never started.

Tempest

the Mogul Maniac on 8 bit i have isnt a proto. but wasnt released on the 8 bit in cart form as far as i know. and you were telling me it wasnt a disk form released game. not sure what to make of it. i got 1 or 2 people helping me look into it but it might be worth a good head scratch. dont want you getting mad at me temp. but i watned to toss it in and let ya all know. cause i forgot some guy had a site saying this game did not exist and after i supplied the proof he took it off the list and listed it under the ROMOX listings. but go figure.

I'd consider Mogul Maniac as an Amiga prototype as the game was never released by that company... but Romox bought the rights to the program, which was definitely part of the range sold through their ESD terminals on ECPC cartridges. What we need to know is what happened to the other 20th Century Fox games mentioned in the Romox catalog, for which A8 screenshots exist...

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

• 3 weeks later...

Well,

afaik (the author told me) Tower Toppler had been developed on a NTSC system. And yes, I have it in my collection, but I do own a PAL system. The problem with TT is that it crashes completely after level two on a PAL system (it should be fine on a NTSC system the author said, since I don`t have NTSC I could not test it). Anyway level 2 is fully playable, but when it comes to the interlude (where you drive a submarine) the game crashes, which is very sad, because you cannot play the remaining six towers then... After all, the XL/XE version is poor compared to the great 7800 version (high res. with many colors and sprites; XL/XE: high res., no colors / only bw; fewer sprites and some of them appear as garbage at least on my PAL system). So, if you like TT, then buy a 7800 and the 7800 TT cart... -Andreas.

P.S.: I do have Montezuma (16k) on cart. Here in Europe this game was also available on tape - and the cart version is a port of this tape. I also have Jinks on disk, it was developed officially by AMC for Rainbow Arts (who should do it for Atari). In my eyes it is a boring game and requires a 64k Atari to run. Video 61 burned this AMC version on a cart - without asking for permission. Hey Lance, since I am the copyright holder of all AMC programs nowadays, what about sending me at least one of those Jinks carts ?!?

So Tower Toppler truly is in B&W? I assume this is because they used the highest possible resolution mode. Is the PAL bug the reason it was never released? What about the rumor that said carts (or at least boards) were actually produced and sat in some warehouse for years?

BTW who is the programmer for XE TT?

also have Jinks on disk, it was developed officially by AMC for Rainbow Arts (who should do it for Atari).

Ok so was this the version that Atari was going to release or is this a different version? I heard there are two, a 64K one and a different, stripped down version that Atari was going to release. Do you know anything about that?

Tempest