IGNORED

H.E.R.O. question

Red 5

I need to step away from my 2600 collecting for a while and get back to my poor neglected 5200.

My question is, is the 5200 version of H.E.R.O. the same as the 2600 version? (Minus the better / updated graphics)

I love H.E.R.O. and was kind of hoping the 5200 version would mix up the mazes a bit. I am guessing it's the same, but a guy can dream...

I need to step away from my 2600 collecting for a while and get back to my poor neglected 5200.

My question is, is the 5200 version of H.E.R.O. the same as the 2600 version?  (Minus the better / updated graphics)

I love H.E.R.O. and was kind of hoping the 5200 version would mix up the mazes a bit.  I am guessing it's the same, but a guy can dream...

It's the same mazes unfortunately, but I actually like the game alot better on the 5200 because of the analog controllers. I have a hard time with HERO on the 2600 because the guy is hard to control in the air with the digital controllers.

I was a COBOL programmer for years, I know BASIC and have played around with some C etc.

I understand that programming for the 2600 is an absolute nightmare, but how hard would it be to hack HERO and change the mazes around?

I have Adventure Plus and I love it. I would consider it to be a worthy sequel to Adventure. Maybe the same basic concept could be used for HERO ?

I am probably not the best person to do this as I have a 1 year old and while I have programming experience, have never programmed for the atari. A one year old + no atari programming experience = a 2045 release date. Perhaps if there was enough interest, someone might do it?

Totally forgot about the Activision weasels.

Maybe if everyone stopped buying the damn Activision Anthology,

Activision Classics, etc for every system known to man... ohh... who am I kidding.

Anyway, that is a very good point.

Pipedream officially over. :sad: