IGNORED

Price stickers on cart labels

bcprs1

I got lucky this weekend and was able to pick up 40 2600/Coleco carts at the local Savers for $1 each. The only problem was that some jabroni working there put most of the price stickers on the front label instead of the back. Needless to say, I ruined 3 labels trying to peel the price stickers off. Luckily the games I ruined were pretty common, but I would have been ticked if it was something good. What is funny is that every other time I have found carts there, the price sticker was on the back. Must have been some new kid working there who didn't understand :D

You guys do know about Goo Gone, right?

As long as we're complaining about labels, Texas Thrift down here has the worst stickers. They're round (which makes them harder to remove to begin with) and stick way too hard. Thank goodness for Goo Gone.

It's the morons who price everything with big magic marker writing that are the real problem.

Goof Off is the same thing as Goo Gone. It only damages certain types of labels, such as 2600 red label games.

I don't think stickers are nearly as bad as nail polish. That stuff is freakin' impossible to get off carts.

Getting nail polish off of labels is really hard. Carts with coated labels, like some Apollo games, for instance, you can get it off with nail polish remover, but 'regular' labels, forget it. And yeah, I HATE it when they put prices on the cart label. I got a 007 cart from a specialty shop last week and was nervous as anything while I peeled that sucker off (it came off OK, luckily). You'd think people would know better! :ponder:

I know a store that does that too... How much difficulty is it to just put the tag somewhere else??? Ok, if you put the price on the end label then you can pile them nicely, but surely it's a devaluation of the game. Luckily the store hardly ever gets any new 2600 games in and is way too expensive anyway. I just picked out the interesting ones and made a remark to the store manager.

The goodwill near my house puts 3-4 price tags on every item, I guess since they have had a problem with people ripping them off and taking it to the register as "unmarked" to get a good deal. I would be seriously pissed if they started using perm. marker because of this.