IGNORED

BMX AirMaster PAT & NTSC : what difference????

indianatigre

I'm italian and i have an ATARI BMX AirMaster (not TNT..only licensed from)

Ii have Cart/Box/Manual.

All are in english (no others languages) and no mention aboutt PAL or NTSC version.

I suppose is PAL (I'm in Italy).... but where i can find the difference from NTSC or PAL?

I have to try with my Atari2600? I have a recent TV.

My question come from the rarity of the game. NTSC rarest tha PAL...

Thanks.

The "P" is usually attached to the end of the part number

The keyword here is 'usually'. Many carts are PAL but do not have a "P" on the label or in the part number. Since you are in Italy i would say there's a 99.999% chance it's PAL. Only way to make sure is to view it on an old TV (that does not support any standard except PAL) and see if the colors are correct. If it is NTSC then the colors should be a bit different...

The jury is still out to decide if we can definitively conclude that "P" on end label is a sufficient but non necessary condition for the game to be PAL.

That is: if there's the P, the game is PAL for sure.

If there ain't any, it might be PAL as well as NTSC.

Anyone with a P label containing a PROVEN NTSC game?

Butt my AirMaster does not have any "P".

And show like the photo of the cart/box in AtariAge.

I Think that NTSC e PAL version of AirMaster is the same in appearance.

And the difference between the two version is noted only with a old television.....

So i don't understand why must pay more $ for a cart totally equal with the only difference on standard PAL or NTSC.... (rarest than...) difference not visible in "normal" tv.......

seems to be a exaggeration of the collectible carts of Atari i think.

Thanks.

Butt my AirMaster does not have any "P".

And show like the photo of the cart/box in AtariAge.

Again, that does not mean anything. Many PAL carts have no "P" on the label, and look the same as NTSC carts...

So i don't understand why must pay more $ for a cart totally equal with the only difference on standard PAL or NTSC.... (rarest than...)  difference not visible in "normal" tv.......

Well, you don't have to pay more if you don't want :) Why are people paying top dollars to buy paintings from famous artists when they can buy a cheap reproduction or see it for free in some catalogue in the library? People want to have 'the real thing'

Cheers,

Raymond

Ok.. But same is ATARI and same DATE and same GAME

The fact that PAL version of BMX AirMaster is less rare than the NTSC version...I want to know the origin of this.

In Digital Press there i no mention about NTSC & PAL difference (on RARITY) and AtariAge is the same.

Only mention that

"Atari purchased the rights to this game from TNT at one point, and released a small quantity under their own label. Very hard to find, as not many were produced and even fewer were ever sold."

I see in the past various post on the subjectt of AirMaster...

I think that a level of "10" is not true.

So i don't understand why must pay more $ for a cart totally equal with the only difference on standard PAL or NTSC.... (rarest than...)  difference not visible in "normal" tv.......

Well there were more of the PAL cartriges made so therefore they are more common and cheaper. The video game market crashed fast in the US and games like motorodeo seen very little distribution.

To answer your question, you pay more for any game that was produced in low numbers (even if there are thousands of PAL versions of the same game, the NTSC will still be very rare)

In Digital Press there i no mention about NTSC & PAL difference (on RARITY) and AtariAge is the same.

This is because AtariAge is much USA-oriented, and extremely few space is dedicated to european goods since the website is basically kept up by american folks. It's not that there's no mention of the difference: it totally lacks a file for the PAL edition, so you can't make the comparison.

I think that a level of "10" is not true.

Well, this may be object of debate. There are games which appear to be overrated lately, probably because the market's dynamics have changed. But don't jump to conclusions because you've found a PAL cart in your drawer. Finding an NTSC one is whole another story!!!