IGNORED

I just bought a 65XE

VidGameKing

I got it for $18.50, at the same boot sale I bought my broken Nomad from. Is the 65XE any better than my busted 800XL? or is it just the same? I know the keyboard feels really shmushy but I can live with that, It seems to work just fine though!

Hey!!!! I just "actually" tested it with that touch tablet do-hicky I bought at the CGE! it works great!!!!!

now... I need that disk drive... and maybe a printer?

lol!!!! yes, despite your most ernest efforts, It still seems to function nicely. I haven't tested that C64c yet... I think it looks really weird!

then again the only 8-bit computer I don't think is weird is the Apple IIgs, which technically is a 16-bit with 8-bit backwards compatiblity.

Anyways, now I've got some other games to test to see ow they work with my 65XE.

To answer your question, yes the 65XE is basically the same as the 800XL. The only advantage I know of is that it has a newer revision of Atari BASIC built in that eliminates a bug in the XL's where BASIC would hang under certain conditions.

The disadvangtages are the mushy keyboard and rear cartridge slot.

The 65XE has the "freddie" memory managment chip in it standard. where as the 800XL may or may not have it built in.

I've found with my 65XE that it's keys are sensitive enough all I have to do to type on them is a quarter stroke. and the softer keys feel sort of comfy. but thats just a personal pref. everyone is different!

I played loads of games that I had, and yet no system to play them on and they were really cool! I especially liked Galaxian, although it's not Galaga (which i prefer) it plays very nicely!

I had some problems with my track ball on centipede, I don't know if that game was ment for a track ball or not. but it worked-ish