IGNORED

Robinson Cruzoe?...

matzieq

You know what I got to know last times?...

I spent some time looking for another people interested in 2600 and programming it in my country, and I learned that:

1) There are around 100(!) users of Atari 2600 that really do know "what blues is all about" in Poland...

2) I am probably ONLY ONE (in Poland) who EVER DID write a single line of code to make the 2600 do anything...

It makes me a bit sad...

hmm, the atari 800/600xl and xe scene in Poland was (and is) pretty strong. many talented programmers did many great games. but you folks got them ataris a few years later when the 8-bit scene was already cooling down in the rest of the world and the 16-bitter (like the amiga) arose.

sent you a PM ;)

As mentioned above, Atari Computers scene is really strong here; in the Atari Age :) we had a considerable number of companies that wrote and published great games & programs. I think the greatest achievment was LK Avalon's adventure games like Klatwa (Curse) and Wladcy Ciemnosci (The Lords Of Darkness). At that time, I was a happy owner of C64, but, happily, they also released Commodore versions of these games:)

But Atari consoles - that's a different thing. We simply missed them:( The most popular 8-bit console here was (is?) Pegasus - a pirate Famicom clone, but very good (I still have one, it's around 10 years old and works like new:) For a clone it's quite impressive I think). From time to time you met someone who had an Atari clone, but that's it - no original ataris, no cartridges at all:(