IGNORED

Nice find + Question

atarimind

Hey you all,

Today was my lucky day in a garage sale. I found a six switch 2600 (not heavy sixer) without a power ac at $ 2 :) I thought that it was a good opportunity to add another console to my collection, the first one in the six-switch space.

I was very surprised when I plugged it in. I always heard that video was better, but didn't realize that it was much much better. I was impressed. Colors are very very different. But the biggest surprise was when I opened to clean it: There is almost no motherboard.

So.... if anyome knows: Why the four switch console has a big motherboard while this does not have much at all? It is my understanding that this was manufactured about two years earlier. Could someone provide some explanation.

Another question: I am using the AC adapter of the 4-switches, is that OK?

Thanks for all the help.

Er... there's something wrong there. That PCB shouldn't bend like that.

Here's my best explanation.

The PCB should rest nicely on the bottom half of the shell; there's moulding there to keep it relatively in place and right where it should be. The top half of the shell is placed over top such that the switches should poke through before the top is comfortably in place. Once the two halves are together, flip it over and screw in the four screws around the corners, then the two longer screws that go into the middle recesses at roughly a 45° angle. Everything should fit snugly, but nothing should feel like it needs to be forced.