IGNORED

A New Donkey Kong for the 2600?

Atariboy2600

It was something Lost Monkey did out of the munificence of his great heart to silence those who were doubting the potential validity of my great 2600 donkey kong mock up images. :D

This thread has the images, as well as my Major Havok mockups if anyone is feeling adventurous & a 'lost monkey rules!' link to the rom

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ght=donkey+kong

here there are just in case you are lazy.

post-1570-1095051991_thumb.png

post-1570-1095051992_thumb.png

post-1570-1095051993_thumb.png

post-1570-1095051994_thumb.png

Yea, I always knew flicker would be neccessary to achieve those screens. I also did conciously try to keep the # of colors per scan to a minimum, I think it maxs out at 5 colors per scanline. There are places where having the enemies all be the same color whenever they are on the same scanlines would help, things like that. You could even have some of the 'detail' pixles (like on the barrels, for example,) change to a different color if neccessary when something else enters their scanline. Also, the girders could be modified so that they are only one color per scanline instead of two. They wouldnt be drawn any differently, you'd just keep them one color per scan line. I also deliberatly used very few colors and re-used the same colors for all the objects to help keep the colors per scan line low. (except for the few gradients,)