IGNORED

Release new games to old consoles

Andropov

Hi everyone!

What if somebody open a company that produces new games to old consoles like 2600, NES, Colecovision, etc.? Would it work out fine or not? Would it be easy to find programmers? Would people buy these games? What do you think about this "crazy" idea? 8)

thank you all for the answers!

I talked with some people here, and they loved the idea. But the main problem in Brazil is find programmmers to these consoles. I know there are people here with talent and very imaginative, but the problem is put them together to open a company.

If you have some ideas, please write them, I would like to know!

Before you try to put everything together at once, IMO first you should contentrate on one aspect (e.g. programming or production).

If you can offer cart, box, manual etc. productions at reasonable prices you will find lots of people who will use your service. And then you get in contact with programmers, designers etc. automatically.

But before you start, have a look around what is currently existing. There are lots of homebrew programmers (e.g. click on my sig ;)), and various people offering cart production service (incl. AA).

Before you try to put everything together at once, IMO first you should contentrate on one aspect (e.g. programming or production).

If you can offer cart, box, manual etc. productions at reasonable prices you will find lots of people who will use your service. And then you get in contact with programmers, designers etc. automatically.

But before you start, have a look around what is currently existing. There are lots of homebrew programmers (e.g. click on my sig ;)), and various people offering cart production service (incl. AA).

good. Maybe I can do my own games, and ask somebody to put it on a cart. I intend to start my Colecovision programming as soon as possible, and after try programming to other consoles. If I get there, it will be amazing, have a game written by me ;)

[quote name="Andropov

good. Maybe I can do my own games' date=' and ask somebody to put it on a cart. I intend to start my Colecovision programming as soon as possible, and after try programming to other consoles. If I get there, it will be amazing, have a game written by me ;)[/quote]

Cool, could you program a Resident Evil game for the Atari? I'd pay $25 for that one. :D

[quote=Andropov

good. Maybe I can do my own games' date=' and ask somebody to put it on a cart. I intend to start my Colecovision programming as soon as possible, and after try programming to other consoles. If I get there, it will be amazing, have a game written by me ;)[/quote]

Cool, could you program a Resident Evil game for the Atari? I'd pay $25 for that one. :D

:D :lol: :roll: :razz:

maybe adding some RAM on the cart should be sufficient. :yawn: