IGNORED

Atari 2600 Classics on GBA SP ???

datafreq

Apologies if this has already been discussed...

Any info on whether these 2600 classics will make it to GBA SP ?

Short of buying a vcsp, that's the only way i can imagine these games

could come out on a portable..unless the "atari classics" for DS

is 2600 classics and not "arcade" classics...

I love Activision Anthology for my SP,

and was hoping that some sort of 2600 Anthology would be next...

Thoughts ?

Cheers,

Dave

I'm with you on that. I'd really like a 2600 Anthology... Although, I'll bet most (if not all) the licensed arcade games (Galaxian, Defender, Stargate, Space Invaders, Joust, Ms. Pac-Man, Jr. Pac, Jungle Hunt, Berzerk, Moon Patrol, Phoenix, etc.) wouldn't make it. :(

Have you tried "HERO" on the GBA port? It's almost unplayable, it's so slow

Yes, I play it very often, I really don't find the slowdown that bad. But I mean 1 game out of the bunch isn't a bad ratio. Even if 5 games had slowdown or framerate problems I'd still enjoy that cart.

But I see what you are saying, on the DS it pretty much should be fullspeed.

River Raid is extremely slow, let alone river raid 2... i'm waiting for  this to become more developed...

http://ique.netfirms.com/gba12600.shtml

Dagnabit, there I was going to that link, all excited like, only to find it's a link to a VERY old effort of yours truly. That emulator is not 'currently in development', nor will it be completed or released. I guess I better kill the binaries sometime, too, so people don't get too excited.

Cheers

A

its yours? why aint you working on it still?

Beneath the thin facade of civility in our hobby, there lies an undercurrent of big business 'screw you' ethics and tactics. All is not always as it seems, and the 'good guys' may not be who you really think they are.

I'm not working on it still, because of the thinly veiled reasons contained in the previous paragraph.

Cheers

A

• 2 weeks later...

Beneath the thin facade of civility in our hobby, there lies an undercurrent of big business 'screw you' ethics and tactics. All is not always as it seems, and the 'good guys' may not be who you really think they are.

I'm not working on it still, because of the thinly veiled reasons contained in the previous paragraph.

Cheers

A

Why can't companies leave us alone so we can do our own damn things with the systems?

anyways, the GBA is more than enough in power to run the 2600 games as is, its just that activision fucked up. Just look at the NES conversions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you on that. I'd really like a 2600 Anthology... Although, I'll bet most (if not all) the licensed arcade games (Galaxian, Defender, Stargate, Space Invaders, Joust, Ms. Pac-Man, Jr. Pac, Jungle Hunt, Berzerk, Moon Patrol, Phoenix, etc.) wouldn't make it.  :(

And besides, some of the games Gregory listed were already converted to GBA.

Cheers

A

Why can't companies leave us alone so we can do our own damn things with the systems?

anyways, the GBA is more than enough in power to run the 2600 games as is, its just that activision fucked up. Just look at the NES conversions.

Actually, to do a full emulation of the 2600, the GBA isn't powerful enough..they had to basically write a specific emulator for each one of those games.

As to why the NES games run better, I couldn't tell you. Maybe it's because there's only one NES game per cart, I don't know, but that's the reason Activision gave.

As to why the NES games run better, I couldn't tell you. Maybe it's because there's only one NES game per cart, I don't know, but that's the reason Activision gave.

Somebody at Activision doesn't know what they are talking about. Nintendo could have put 16 of those games on a typical GBA cart and they would play exactly the way they do right now. Hell, somebody with a flash cart probably has put 16 of those games on one cart.