IGNORED

Whats this.... 2400

l3ushwig

A Canadian retailed version of a VCS distributed by IRWIN Toys.

Oh yeah?

Last week, in a garage sale, i found a 4 switches inside a white cardboard with the Atari logo and it said on it "2600/2400".

Y'mean the one you'll be sending me shortly? :-)

I kinda wondered what the "2400" reference on the box was. 'Course I kinda wondered what the deal with the box was in the first place.

This has been discussed here before on several occasions.

No one has been able to determine if the "2400" text was merely a misprint or if it was meant to be there as the Canadian variant. Either way, they do exist, however the game system is nothing more than your standard 4-switch "vader" 2600. This unit was distributed by Irwin.

If you do, don't post your discovery here or the black helicopters will soon be flying over your house.

Hehe..

I have a couple 'o anti-aircraft rocket launchers in me basement with those bastards' names written all over em'. Bring it on!!

***2400 is secret code for "24 Oh-Oh". Canadians have a slang term for a case of beer known as "Two-four" (ie: a 24 of beer) and this particular variation of the VCS has a special easter egg onscreen menu that allows you to detect how much beer you have left in your two-four. Back in the mid-eighties, Canadian beer companies like Molson and Labatt's would include the 2400 peripheral in specially marked 24's of your favourite brands. This special detector would only plug into the right joystick port so most people ended up drinking and playng video games alone. Ironically this unit seems to show up more in Quebec and more northern regions.

A Canadian retailed version of a VCS distributed by IRWIN Toys.

Oh yeah?

Last week, in a garage sale, i found a 4 switches inside a white cardboard with the Atari logo and it said on it "2600/2400".

Y'mean the one you'll be sending me shortly? :-)

I kinda wondered what the "2400" reference on the box was. 'Course I kinda wondered what the deal with the box was in the first place.

Yup! this one.