IGNORED

Loading BASIC type-ins from a cassette into an emu

jasonvh

Hello. I'm not a regular user of these forums, but after an exhaustive search of the internet, I didn't know where else to turn. So hopefully you people can help me.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to load my old Atari 8-Bit BASIC type-ins into an emulator such as Atari800Win? (With software only. No patch cables or original hardware.)

I know about WAV2CAS, and I have successfully converted a couple of my type-ins into .CAS files, but the Atari800Win emu only seems to be able to load self-executing BINARY .CAS files, not the type where you actually have to type "CLOAD" and "RUN"!

I was so excited when I found out about the prospect of an Atari tape drive emulator, then so let down when I couldn't load in all the wonderful old games I either created myself or programmed-in from magazines when I was a teen. Of course my old Atari hardware is long broken and gone, but the cassettes have been in storage and just recently rediscovered.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Hi,

Once you have created your file extracted with Cas2Wav you can use MAKEATR to put this into a disk image

you can download it here:

http://serious-dial.atari.pl/makeATR/pliki...keATR_v0.06.zip

you are able to make a blank disk image a include any files from the PC into the disk image so you can quickly also throw on the DOS files also.

;)

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're telling me to do here.

I tried this makeATR program, and was able to save the .CAS file onto the disk image, but still I'm not able to load it into Basic.

A .CAS file is not a .BAS file, unfortunately. It won't load it.

Any other ideas?

After files are extracted from the CAS image you should be able to load them from the disk emulator.  

If anybody has any idea how this could be done please let me know.  

WAV2CAS.TXT has description of CAS format. Based on this it should be posible to extract the raw BAS file.

I have no experience with this, but i still believe i can do that with a tool like "Hexwork". If it will be a wish, i can take a try with the extracting.