IGNORED

Making a cartrigde of a Starpath game (Frogger)?

moderntimes99

I simply haven't seen any evidence to an Atari/Starpath conjoining, outside of this cart itself (which to me is not enough to make assumptions on.) Is there some interoffice memos or other stuff that I'm not in on?

Here's what was known in the mid-90s, from a Supercharger FAQ posted to USENET. Link.

In order to maintain royalty rights one must defend their copyright. If they dont it will turn into public domain.

You don't need to defend copyrights to maintain rights to them. You have to defend trademarks and patents, but copyrights hold fast no matter how much they may be abused.

As I have recently discovered the Starpath version of Frogger and now hold it as one of my absolute favourites for the 2600 I have started to wonder whether it would be possible to make a cartridge of it. (Essentially cutting out the loading step of the Starpath game.)

Has anyone tried this? You would probably need a cartridge with both RAM and ROM and a small custom snippet of code that copies the ROM to RAM at startup...

Best regards,

Moderntimes99

Loading games on the SC is not all that bad, have you ever loaded a tape game on an A8? A8 tape games can take any where from 5 min. to 15 min. it all depeneds on the game if it calls for 16k RAM or calls 48k RAM of the A8 so on and so on! :P

"Bridgestone's .com site is going to expire on June 24, 2005, so until then they are still owned by them, if they don't renew, that means their dead. Why they keep holding on to this stuff is beyond me, it's not like their going to begin producing the tapes again"

Since when does a website domain have anything to do with copyrights? You're saying if they don't renew that domain, they lose the copyrights to what they own? Or am I confusing what you said?