IGNORED

Office Depot Bookcases Discontinued...

64squares

In the "How To" section of AA, they recommend some bookshelves for storing boxed games. I went down to Office Depot to get them and they no longer carry them, and not only that, but O' Sullivan the maker has discontinued them. Here's the link on Office Depot to them (it won't let you buy them if you try to though, I called them up and they say they haven't updated their system):

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=...76407_SK_409615

The widest ones O' Sullivan makes is 27" now, and the other ones I looked at at Office Depot were in my opinion way overpriced. This really sucks as the ones AA recommends seem perfect. Anyone know of a good alternative? Thanks in advance if you do! Michael

Well AA also recommends these containers made by Sterilite that are stackable for loose games (I have about 10 of these and I really like them) and they also recommend the Iris containers that have drawers. If you want these, I would go out and buy them because you never know when a manufacturer is going to redesign something and screw up a good thing. The bookcases I'm talking about are for boxed games. I called up O' Sullivan and they tell me they don't make one similar anymore and no one will have them in stock. I've gone through this with running shoes many times. I'll find a shoe that fits perfectly and then the maker will redesign it and screw it up when they update the model.

I got a really sweet wood drawer cabinet from Target for $88, which you can see if you click the "My 2600 Collection" link in my signature below. That's probably more than most people want to spend but I can't justify keeping Quadrun, all 5 Avalon Hills, Glib, Guardian, etc. in a shoebox, so it was worth it to me.

usualy if I want a peice of furniture I just go out to the garage and start cutting wood, and it just comes to me.

Same here. I'm redesigning my game room and am lining the walls with shelves. Finally I might actually have enough storage space for all of my toys.

-S