IGNORED

Oh the regret of my first Lynx!!.....

im_reg

Nope not a regret in buying it but for smashing it up when it died on me :sad: !!! Many years ago in a house far far away (well Melton Mowbray, UK anyway) My Lynx decided it did'nt want the power socket to work. One little nudge or shake and the power would cut off. Very annoying :x and a common problem I hear for Lynx's? Anyway I solved it for a while by pushing a little plastic down the gap between the lynx and the power input socket. (I did'nt have any know how at the time so I darn't take it apart to look at it. Anyway this worked for a few weeks until it just died completley. Can't remember now if it was just the power socket or the backlight went. I recall opening the Lynx up and just poking around. Think I might of cracked the light tube by mistake so then I just ripped it all apart completly then threw it in the bin!!! How stupid was I :roll: ! I soon bought a new lynx and still have it to this day. It's served me well and I keep it tucked up in a pouch for safe keeing. It's not got a scratch on it and for the years I have it that makes me proud. My couzin has a Lynx also but it's not protected and at one time he kept it amoungst other bits in a box in a damp garage!

Well thats's my story. Have you had any moments of insanity with your Lynx?

What a sad fate for your first Lynx.

I have 4 Lynxes and 3 of them have already developed this bad-power connection flaw.

The only thing you have to do is open up the Lynx. Take a soldering iron and heat up the 3 solders for about 7 seconds each. The mechanical movement of the connector tends to break the connection. Resoldering it makes the Lynx as new again.

--

Karri

Wish I knew that.. I bought the Lynx as soon as it came out. And through abuse and daily play my Lynx's power socket came right off! :lol:

Yeah it ripped right out of there. I see I could have soldered it back on I guess...but I've long since lost the socket. I still have this Lynx though... except to play it, it's gotta be 100% batteries. :P