IGNORED

SIO2PC Cable and Cartridge Images

Tempest

99% of all the cartridge games you will find have already been converted to Atari EXE files you can load with your SIO2PC cable.

If you know the name of the game you can look up the exe file here:

http://ape.dyndns.org:8084/

If your using the APE software you just set the PC-Mirror to drive #1 and turn on the Atari with OPTION held down. You can then load the EXE file directly off your PC hard disk into memory and it will run. You can also use the on-screen menu to navigate around your hard drive and find the EXE files.

(plug on)

If you want to make real cartridges you can load them onto flash multicarts with your SIO2PC cable, then use the cartridges whenever.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/

(/plug off)

Now if you have some game prototype thats never been converted to EXE by anyone, you will have to either crack it yourself or buy a ram cartridge called 'the pill' to load it onto, assuming its a simple 8k or 16k cartridge.

Steve

My guess, considering who is asking the question, is that he would be interested in the purest form of a cart. Which would be an actual ROM dump.

As much as like the executables available. I have found that some dont play right (in cases of multiple versions available) which implies that they are either prototype, modified, or somehow damaged versions.

A couple of examples come to mind. Gyruss and Pac-man.

That being said unless there is an easy way to verify the executable is an exact identicle to the actual cartridge ROM. His best bet is to probably use a multi-cart.

I have a 1mbit cart I'll probably never use now that I own an 8mbit, maybe tempest will find it useful.