IGNORED

Switch cleaning

matzieq

I just bought a Darth Vader for 5 zlotys (around 1$:). It looked like after two world wars, but as I cleaned it inside and outside, and plugged it to the TV, it appeared to be fully functional! However, there's one more problem: the switches. All of them work properly, but very roughly, especially the "game select" switch. Is there any way to clean them or do something to make them function more smoothly?

And one more question: it displays different colours than my other consoles (for example, red sky and lightblue cars in pole position:), but besides, plays all my PAL carts without any problem. What the...? Could it be secam, or what?

However, there's one more problem: the switches. All of them work properly, but very roughly, especially the "game select" switch. Is there any way to clean them or do something to make them function more smoothly?

It is possible to take the switches apart by bending the small pins on the side of the switch. All you have to do is take the top shroud of the switch off and clean the contacts underneath. It is a little difficult to get the switches back together, and even a little more difficult to get the ones with the springs back together, but it is possible :)

And one more question: it displays different colours than my other consoles (for example, red sky and lightblue cars in pole position:), but besides, plays all my PAL carts without any problem. What the...? Could it be secam, or what?

There is a color adjustment potentiometer inside on the mainboard. I had to adjust one of my consoles before.