IGNORED

Copy Cat

shadowdoggie

Awhile back I won an auction on eBay for 256 floppy disks for the Atari 800XL. The majority of these disks contained copies of games. Since winning the auction, many people have emailed me asking me to please make copies of some of these disks for them.

Is this a big NO-NO :?: I know that back in the day people used to make copies on floppies all the time, not necessarily legally though. Would this just be asking for trouble or is it acceptable to do this?

Isn't most of that stuff on the Internet for people to download already (legal or not)? Tell them to just download the stuff on their own and leave you alone.

Speaking of this kind of thing, look at this:

Who's Who in the Software Underground

post-13-1197889978_thumb.jpg

Edited by Random Terrain

LOL! I read that article back when that magazine first came out :-) As they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same. :-)

Although I don't think there is some great secret, giant Atari 8 Bit software industry that a modern day mugger is going to topple. The atari 8 but muggers of old already toppled the giant atari 8 bit software industry long ago. So go ahead, rape that horse. It's been dead for decades, no one cares anymore.