IGNORED

Nice Little Find Today

GrizzLee

It is a rare occassion for me anymore when I go out lookng for classic games, which isn't often, and find something I don't have.

Today was different.....

I walk into Value Village and while heading back to the electronics section and I spy what appears to be a dance pad on a shelf in the toy section off in the distance. Initially, I didn't think anything of it and then I realized that it looks different from any NES pad I've seen before, so I took a look at it and the first thing I notice is the 9 pin plug for a Genesis.... or so I thought. Curiuosly, hmmm.. I've never seen a Genesis dancepad. So I pick it up and un-roll it. Low and behold to my surprise it is an Exus Footcraz controller :o . YAHOO!! Only $2.99. So I look the store over for the carts..... there are none to be found. At least I have Footcraz controller for my collection now :)

Not quite as exciting as the times when I found the Intellivision Computers, but still enough to make me nearly wet myself.

-Lee

You once found an Intellivision Computer, not the ECS, but the unit you drop the Intellivision into? What they nicknamed "the black whale"? Sweeeeeeeeet.

Not just once :wink: I have come acorss 3 of these in my journeys.

I also had, at one time, all the software (on cassettes) , most of it new in shrinkwrap. I could never find the elusive Basic cart though :sad:

-Lee

While on my travels yesterday (see marketplace on my free finds), I came across one of these thrift/antique stores that had a sign saying they bought anything.

So I went inside, hoping to run across some vintage stuff. No Atari or anything else older. Tons of VHS, 3 drawers of DVDs, which were $7 each. We got Greek Wedding and some other wedding movie that my new wife wanted. I saw an Ewok cartoon on VHS for $5, so grabbed that too. Then mentioned to the guy if he had any video games. He showed me a few Dreamcast, a couple of PS2, and one PS1. The PS1 was Resident Evil 2, both cds with the instruction booklet. Games were $5 each. I grabbed RE2 only.

Then I was looking at his cassettes. He had a couple of hundred of these on the wall. While scanning, I see Communist Mutants from Space. I actually left it there because he wanted 3/$5 for the cassettes and I didn't see anything else I wanted. I was hoping he had some of the rarer Starpath, but that was the only one. It may have worth paying like $2 just for the cassette, but I have one for sale on the website, so it was no biggie.

Phil

My weekend finds were the best that I've ever had, which isn't saying much. I've only been collecting for about 2 months but I haven't been able to find anything outside of eBay except one old lazer blast game that was in such bad condition that the cartridge was pink instead of orange from sun damage.

All of my finds were from Flea Markets and were as follows:

1) One Atari 7800 still in box, with all box contents, and plastic still on joysticks and on the main unit. I had to peel back the plastic on one of the plastics just to see how pretty those colors were underneith. They wanted $49, but I paid only $35 and got 6 games.

2) 40 Mixed 2600 and some 7800 common games - $20

3) 33 2600 commons + 12 Sega Genesis games - $13

4) 6 boxed 2600 games - $10

5) Approximately 25 to 30 Video Game Marquees and glass - $10

I was only collecting 2600 games before, but since I found this 7800 in such good shape, I guess I'm forced to become a 7800 collector too. The same woman may sell me another 7800 next week. The best part is that I've finally found two different sources for old Atari collectables.