IGNORED

Maximum number of robots in Berzerk

DEBRO

I've never counted them before, but after reading this I will probably instintively start counting everytime I get to a new screen. Look what you've done.

What is Evil Otto? I hear he's the "merciless mind behind the robot gangs", but what is he supposed to be in physical form?

My guess: He's the ball from "Wall Ball", but with a bad attitude.

Opinions

What is Evil Otto?  I hear he's the "merciless mind behind the robot gangs", but what is he supposed to be in physical form?

I think that he is a game manifestation of the evil ROVER weather balloon that chases down people who try to escape from your Village in the 1960's TV show The Prisoner.

god I really need a Lotus Seven!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I think I've just confirmed it by looking at the code. There are no more than 8 RAM positions for the graphic table offsets.

Thanks for reading though. I guess I should have done more research before posting :roll:

Are you kidding? Then how would the rest of us know there is a max of eight robots? :D

Here's a question,  

Is there a way to make the maximum robot count increase?

Yes...ram would need a bit of editing, but it looks as if a few bytes are hardly touched.

Rather than increase the number of robots, a better hack would be to allow robots to fire diagonally.

Ohh .. I hear the sounds of keyboard hack tapping! :D

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA