IGNORED

Pacman art...can someone clue me in as to its origin?

sku_u

I've had this for a while now. It was purchased off Ebay. I was wondering if anyone knows what it's original purpose was?

The poster measures 22 length by 17 width and says made in the USA on the bottom left. It was definitely not done on a home printer. There's no traces on this that a printer would have left behind. The seller was also a reputable person.

Here's a pic, and info would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the process of deciding whether or not I'd like to have the poster professionallly framed, or just thrown in a cheap frame I buy from Kmart:

post-2394-1096172722_thumb.jpg

Funny, that's the Atari label artwork, but no copyright on it, no indication that it even has anything to do with the home version of the video game, so that sort of rules out store signage or promo. A master proof, maybe? Most proofs for items sold in more than one country omit any copyright information or details so that the appropriate information can be added in the intended language (if appliccable).

A master proof, maybe?  Most proofs for items sold in more than one country omit any copyright information or details so that the appropriate information can be added in the intended language (if appliccable).

That's an interesting theory. I hadn't thought of that. The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that this isn't someone paying homage to a great game by printing out a wide format print. :lol:

Some carny (from every State Fair you went to as a kid) has finally decided to dump all of his posters on eBay.

You remember the 'game of skill' where you paid a dollar to throw a dart at a poster (usually with half-naked girls or Spuds MacKenzie or maybe both together) - instead of just handing him a buck and telling him which picture you wanted...

Just a theory...

Neat poster btw...now all you need is the 'fairground game of skill' mirror* that goes with it. ;)

*sometimes you won cheesy mirrors (instead of posters)

I remember seeing that art before. I actually thought it was pretty good art for Pacman.

Just be glad you didn't get the version for the Atari 800 computer which I have down below as a file attachment. Who'd have thought some bonehead illustrator would depict Pacman as a buck-toothed, frisbee-eating, marathon runner living inside a castle?

post-5710-1096405034_thumb.jpg