IGNORED

Coleco box variations

video game addict

I just noticed this auction on ebay, seller is from Canada, so I'm guessing these are NTSC versions, but in multilingual boxes? Notice the Carnival in that auction, it no longer has the "Plays like the real arcade game" on the front, but is replaced with graphics instead. I had not noticed that before, are any others like this?

Donkey Kong?

Venture?

All the Coleco boxes I own are identical to the scans in the AA database. Is this unique to Canada? Or just an uncommon box variation that's available in US too?

Are any of the games with graphics pictured in AA database, Mouse Trap, Zaxxon, DKJR, available with the "Plays like the real arcade game" instead of their current scans?

The M-Network titles are also quite interesting in that auction. :)

I was searching on the Atari Silver label carts recently, and came across a post by Joey Kay, and he mentioned it is/was a law in Canada that all packing come in multilingual boxes. Most of the boxed games I've bought from Canada have followed that rule. No that's not to say that every game in Canada originated from there, but that's where most of your multilingual NTSC games come from. I think Atari used the same boxes later on as a cost saving measure. But without seeing up close all the text & back of boxes it's hard to tell sometimes, but the Coleco box in above auction is graphically different from the box here in database. I just had not seen/noticed that before so I'm curious about others. :)

post-43-1096256811.jpg

I was searching on the Atari Silver label carts recently, and came across a post by Joey Kay, and he mentioned it is/was a law in Canada that all packing come in multilingual boxes. Most of the boxed games I've bought from Canada have followed that rule. No that's not to say that every game in Canada originated from there, but that's where most of your multilingual NTSC games come from. I think Atari used the same boxes later on as a cost saving measure.  But without seeing up close all the text & back of boxes it's hard to tell sometimes, but the Coleco box in above auction is graphically different from the box here in database. I just had not seen/noticed that before so I'm curious about others. :)

What I'd like to know is if Smurf's box is 100% French like the game cart is or if it came in a multilingual box like the one listed above?