IGNORED

Sixer problems

matzieq

I've got another problem. I bought a sixer (not heavy, regular). It works fine, but has one problem - this 'thingy' inside, to which connects the TV cable. When I press it a bit, it's working, but when I release it, connection breaks. And sound consists mostly of noise (if I listen carefully, I can hear game sounds). I wonder what is this 'thingy' and if it's some serious problem with it. Can it be fixed? I know that probably it would be better just to get another one, but sixers ale almost impossible to find here. Can anyone help? She's really pretty, I'd like to see her in action...

Hmm... maybe bad contacts

Check the cable (12 wires) which connect the mainboard with the sub-board (the thing with the switches on it) - eventually there's one broken. Also check the antenna cable - I had some Sixers and 4-switch woodgrains with broken antenna cable.

And you can try to press the 3 socketed chips into their socket, if you hear a noise while pressing on it, it wasn't right in his socket.

Mike

That's not the cable. I've tried three normal atari cables, and one from a Vader (functional). I think that's not the wires either. What I discovered lately, is that when i touch the subboard anywhere (or push it, or something) it may cause problems with display. This made me watch the board carefully from each side; there's a scratch on the back:( And it's not just the board scratch, it goes through some of the connection lines. Can anything be done with this? I'm starting to lose hope...