IGNORED

Krokodile Cartridge

Kroko

Just a heads up to those of you waiting for Krokodile Carts. A package arrived from Germany today...containing completed Krokodile Carts! This batch of carts should take care of a good chunk of the waiting list and I'll be sending emails out shortly to everyone based on your position in the list. :)

post-3-1147815810_thumb.jpg

..Al

Al, has everyone been contacted for this first batch? (Sure hope not, cuz that would mean I have to wait for the next batch)

WOOOO!

now.. how to spend 100 bucks without the girlfriend ever noticing...

*i hope i win the rainbow inv. contest*

haha

Pawn her cell phone, she'll be too distraught to realize you got a new toy. Use the money for your Krok, then you'll also have full opportunity to console her from losing her phone. Also advantagous around birthdays, you know what the perfect gift is. :)

-JD

PS- all's fair in love and atari.

Just a heads up to those of you waiting for Krokodile Carts. A package arrived from Germany today...containing completed Krokodile Carts! This batch of carts should take care of a good chunk of the waiting list and I'll be sending emails out shortly to everyone based on your position in the list. :)

..Al

Al, has everyone been contacted for this first batch? (Sure hope not, cuz that would mean I have to wait for the next batch)

Same here... X.X

This would be perfect for my atari in the pc... being able to play any game, anywhere.

Emails have been sent out to everyone on the waiting list eligible to receive a cart from the batch I presently have in my possession. If you did not receive an email, it's still possible you may receive one from this batch depending on how many people either do not respond or tell me they are no longer interested. I'll be sending emails out to additional people on the list as I hear back from people I've already emailed.

..Al

Emails have been sent out to everyone on the waiting list eligible to receive a cart from the batch I presently have in my possession. If you did not receive an email, it's still possible you may receive one from this batch depending on how many people either do not respond or tell me they are no longer interested. I'll be sending emails out to additional people on the list as I hear back from people I've already emailed.

..Al

Thanks for the update Al!

One quick question before I order mine... (I searched the forums and could not find an answer, I apologize if I missed it.) I acutally found a couple of unanswered threads asking the same question.

Does the Krokodile Cart work with a modded flashback 2 console? (Assuming that the rom in question is one of the supported ones?)

Thanks for any info!

Scott

I love Atari period.

One quick question before I order mine... (I searched the forums and could not find an answer, I apologize if I missed it.) I acutally found a couple of unanswered threads asking the same question.

Does the Krokodile Cart work with a modded flashback 2 console? (Assuming that the rom in question is one of the supported ones?)

That's a good question, hopefully someone with a modified Flashback 2 and a Krokodile Cart can answer it. Unfortunately I do not have a modified Flashback 2 so I cannot provide an answer for you.

..Al

Does the Krokodile Cart work with a modded flashback 2 console? (Assuming that the rom in question is one of the supported ones?

Why would your order depend on that feature? :? The KC is just great and there are probably still millions of (cheap) Atari 2600s out there.

Why would your order depend on that feature? :? The KC is just great and there are probably still millions of (cheap) Atari 2600s out there.

It's not a deciding factor, but I have one of those flashbacks and was going to mod it (just to give me something to do this weekend :D ) And was curious, to take adavantage of the quality of the video from the flashback.

I do have a 2600 already that is modded to output composite, but the picture quality isn't so spectacular. :(

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

..Al

Do they come with a label? Just curios..

kroko.jpg

..Al

Do they come with a label? Just curios..

Yes, the Krokodile carts are labeled, and also come with a 20 page manual, a CD with the Krokodile Commander software (among other things) and a serial cable.

..Al

Yes, the Krokodile carts are labeled, and also come with a 20 page manual, a CD with the Krokodile Commander software (among other things) and a serial cable.

There's no end label though. ;)

Al - have you thought about adding an extra info sheet about using the Krokodile Cart with a Mac? Where to get Darrell's software, recommended USB-serial adapters, and such?

Edited by Nathan Strum

There's no end label though. ;)

Al - have you thought about adding an extra info sheet about using the Krokodile Cart with a Mac? Where to get Darrell's software, recommended USB-serial adapters, and such?

Darrell's KrokCom software is being included on the new CDs. He wrote up a readme that describes how to use the software, and also talks about the Keyspan USA-19HS USB Serial adapter.

..Al

Yes! Just paid for mine!!!!! :) :) :)

Mine will be soon, gotta sell some stuff in the marketplace. I'm testing for my CCNA, and I thought the MGI Bill just paid for it. Apparently you pay for it in advance, and the MGIB pays you back when you take the test and submit the proof you did.

Got mine in the mail today! I had not yet purchased any items from AA, but also wanted to mention how wonderfully everything is packaged. From the actual package which was the right size and had the correct amount of foam peanuts to the manual, cartridge label, cable, CD, etc. Very, very professional in look and style... it's so pretty, I haven't brought myself to actually open the plastic coverings yet. I'm sure that will change very shortly. :)

-JD

Edited by MayDay

Got my Krokodile cart today! Awesome. Just love it. Good thing i got on that list last year!

Question, does it hold one rom at a time?

I see there are 3 tabs. Rom, data base and multicart.

When u select rom or quickpick does it just load one rom at a time?

And when you select multicart, does it load that multicart.bin file that you create and download that to the cart?

Does each download overwrite the previous operation??

How do you erase the cart?

Sorry for so many questions, just eager to understand how to use it!

Got my Krokodile cart today! Awesome. Just love it. Good thing i got on that list last year!

Question, does it hold one rom at a time?

I see there are 3 tabs. Rom, data base and multicart.

When u select rom or quickpick does it just load one rom at a time?

And when you select multicart, does it load that multicart.bin file that you create and download that to the cart?

Does each download overwrite the previous operation??

How do you erase the cart?

Sorry for so many questions, just eager to understand how to use it!

You know how you select the multicart rom? Just select a single rom, and it'll load just that one rom, no menus or anything.

You just reload a new image and it erases the old one (I think).

And yes, each download overwrites the last.