IGNORED

Krokodile Cartridge

Kroko

First of all, fantastic work on not needing power when its plugged into the 2600. That will make my Krokodile cart when the next batch comes in, to never need to leave my computer (I have an atari built into my computer).

Second of all, that's awesome that the orders are finally being met, and that no more waiting list will be needed. I will have a job in the very near future, and I WILL be picking one of these up.

First of all, fantastic work on not needing power when its plugged into the 2600. That will make my Krokodile cart when the next batch comes in, to never need to leave my computer (I have an atari built into my computer).

Second of all, that's awesome that the orders are finally being met, and that no more waiting list will be needed. I will have a job in the very near future, and I WILL be picking one of these up.

How do you have an atari built into your computer?

Yup, I too am interested to know when another batch will be made.. :P

I have come quite far with cart case modification. They are almost finished now. I still need to discuss the details with Albert on how and when we will sell them. This depends on a lot of things including if Albert will have time to print manuals, make CDs and so on. It never hurts to send Albert a PM so he knows that you are interested.

Unfortunately it currently looks like I can not keep this promise. The next batch is most likely the last batch for a very long time. So if you want a new device, try to get one now. I fear it could very well be preorder for this batch. Even if they would be sold in the shop, I am not confident that they would be available for a very long time. But as I said, I have not yet discussed this with Albert. We will do that as soon as the devices are really 100% finished.

How do you have an atari built into your computer?

Long story short, I hacked up a 4 switch atari board, soldered everything back to it, and stuck it in a cd rom slot. Then I cut a hole on top of my computer for cartridges to go in.

It needs repainted in the worst way. Next mod I'm doing to it is see the hole in the front of the computer? Eventually I'm going to put a screen there.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/keil...0in%20the%20PC/

Edited by keilbaca

Yup, I too am interested to know when another batch will be made.. :P

I have come quite far with cart case modification. They are almost finished now. I still need to discuss the details with Albert on how and when we will sell them. This depends on a lot of things including if Albert will have time to print manuals, make CDs and so on. It never hurts to send Albert a PM so he knows that you are interested.

Unfortunately it currently looks like I can not keep this promise. The next batch is most likely the last batch for a very long time. So if you want a new device, try to get one now. I fear it could very well be preorder for this batch. Even if they would be sold in the shop, I am not confident that they would be available for a very long time. But as I said, I have not yet discussed this with Albert. We will do that as soon as the devices are really 100% finished.

How many units are being produced in this current batch? I'm all for pre-ordering one. I've already sent a PM off to Albert. I don't want to miss this opportunity. :)

How many units are being produced in this current batch? I'm all for pre-ordering one. I've already sent a PM off to Albert. I don't want to miss this opportunity. :)

42 :)

What a Krok! :D

If this cartridge will let me try my future batari Basic games on a real Atari, I should really find a way to buy one this time.

I also PM'ed Albert a long time ago, but I just sent him a new one, just to be sure. Better safe than sorry. :)

Can you elaborate on some of the changes you've made to this generation of units? I love a good teaser! :D

Hm ... I can't think of anything of interest. I have more practise in cart case modding now :)

I also PM'ed Albert a long time ago, but I just sent him a new one, just to be sure. Better safe than sorry. :)

Can you elaborate on some of the changes you've made to this generation of units? I love a good teaser! :D

Hm ... I can't think of anything of interest. I have more practise in cart case modding now :)

Yeah, if you add anything that makes the new carts better than the old carts, let us know, because we might want to get a new one! :) Or would we be able to upgrade our old ones? :ponder:

Michael

Yeah, if you add anything that makes the new carts better than the old carts, let us know, because we might want to get a new one! :) Or would we be able to upgrade our old ones? :ponder:

Michael

I can update old cartridges, but I need to destroy the label. If you send the device to me, I can reprogram it. The design of the Krokodile is fixed and can not really change significantly. I can add very little things here and there but nothing that makes a real difference.

42 :)

I know I signed up on a list a while back- PLEASE make sure I'm still on that list. I really want one of these too! :)

Ditto!

I can update old cartridges, but I need to destroy the label. If you send the device to me, I can reprogram it. The design of the Krokodile is fixed and can not really change significantly. I can add very little things here and there but nothing that makes a real difference.

What would be gained by reprogramming it? We're talking about a cart from the last batch that you made, if that makes a difference. Just curious. :)

Michael

What would be gained by reprogramming it? We're talking about a cart from the last batch that you made, if that makes a difference. Just curious. :)

Michael

The new firmware supports 0840 bankswitching. But that is not really useful right now, because no ROMs are available. I added it because it needs almost no resources and I thought it might be useful for development in case more people decide to use it.

Michael

The new firmware supports 0840 bankswitching. But that is not really useful right now, because no ROMs are available. I added it because it needs almost no resources and I thought it might be useful for development in case more people decide to use it.

I actually do think that sounds useful, since I got the Krokodile Cartridge to use as a development tool, rather than as a multicart. What about support for 4A50 bankswitching? That would be awesome! John (supercat) figured out how to get the Cuttle Cart 2 to handle 4A50 bankswitching, so he could probably help you add 4A50 to the Krokodile Cartridge.

Michael

I actually do think that sounds useful, since I got the Krokodile Cartridge to use as a development tool, rather than as a multicart. What about support for 4A50 bankswitching? That would be awesome! John (supercat) figured out how to get the Cuttle Cart 2 to handle 4A50 bankswitching, so he could probably help you add 4A50 to the Krokodile Cartridge.

Michael

I am sure he would help. He actually offered his help already. But I can not include 4A50 or any other more complicated BS mode to the Krokodile, because there is not enough space on the logic chip. I would need to throw out something else.

You might want to do a "developer's edition" and sell them promo style to the developers with the BS they need the most.

This might free up 'normal run' carts for people looking for a multicart for the 2600.

The big problem would be alternate label and which BS schemes they would need.

and if its even worth doing for you.