IGNORED

Krokodile Cartridge

Kroko

You might want to do a "developer's edition" and sell them promo style to the developers with the BS they need the most.

This might free up 'normal run' carts for people looking for a multicart for the 2600.

The big problem would be alternate label and which BS schemes they would need.

and if its even worth doing for you.

What banking mode would you need for development ?

John (supercat) figured out how to get the Cuttle Cart 2 to handle 4A50 bankswitching, so he could probably help you add 4A50 to the Krokodile Cartridge.

Does the CC2 actively support 4A50 right now?

I haven't tried it yet, because I misplaced my CC2 (then found it again last week while moving :)), but I believe you need to install a file that John created for the CC2, which should be posted in his AtariAge blog, "2600 in 2006." Likewise, John created a modified version of z26 that will run 4A50 games, also available in his blog.

Michael

Kroko -"I" am too poor at programming to develop anything but ideas... maybe pixel and sprite art... but you can make a pool about it (or have a mod do it) with all possible backing systems and mark what's compatible with what or something, there seems to be 5-10 developers interested in your product that you might could cater too.

Just a heads up for those of you waiting for Krokodile Carts! I will shortly be emailing everyone who's on the waiting list about pre-ordering Krokodile Carts. Armin is busy working on the latest batch, and it may be some time before another is made after this! So if you're on the waiting list, please keep your eyes peeled or your Krokodile Cart may go to someone else!

..Al

Just a heads up for those of you waiting for Krokodile Carts! I will shortly be emailing everyone who's on the waiting list about pre-ordering Krokodile Carts. Armin is busy working on the latest batch, and it may be some time before another is made after this! So if you're on the waiting list, please keep your eyes peeled or your Krokodile Cart may go to someone else!

..Al

At the risk of being a pain in the lower regions...I know I signed up way back but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE I AM STILL ON THAT LIST!!!!!!!! :cool:

I like that idea, Nathan! Knowing if you're on the list or not would definitely cut down on the PM's to Albert. I know I've PM'ed him several times "to make sure I'm on the list." ;)

Agreed. I was on it before but times were tough and I couldn't afford it. This time, if I can't afford it, I WILL sell other stuff to make sure I get it this time.

My atari in the pc is naked without it.

Maybe Albert could publicly post the waiting list?

I'd prefer not to post the list publicly.

..Al

Quite Understandable. The Krokodile Cart is like a rockstar and us buyers are the groupies waiting to pounce on the rockstar. :D

• 4 weeks later...
1) have you sent those emails?

2) anyone that was on the list that was not contacted will they be at the beginning of the next list?

I am asking because I PMed you may 6 to get added to the list but did not receive any kind of email.

I did send out the emails, but looks like I neglected to add you to the list. There are still plenty of Krokodile Carts available, and I need to spam the store customer database to sell the remaining copies that people who were emailed did not purchase. I will send you a PM privately with the details so you may buy one.

..Al

2) anyone that was on the list that was not contacted will they be at the beginning of the next list?

There will be no next list. It is very likely that this is the last batch of Krokodiles. At some point we will put the rest of the carts to the store until they are sold out.

I did send out the emails, but looks like I neglected to add you to the list. There are still plenty of Krokodile Carts available, and I need to spam the store customer database to sell the remaining copies that people who were emailed did not purchase. I will send you a PM privately with the details so you may buy one.

..Al

Hi Al

I haven't received your email, although I sent you some time ago a PM saying I was interested on purchasing one of those Kroko cart... :?

Please let me know if I made it on that list...

Regards

My job paid me 3 weeks when I started, I couldn't afford it.

Thats fair enough. i remember when i first heard about the krokodile cart i was wondering how i was gonna afford it.

But as we all know,

its worth every penny.

Anyone know for sure if this works in a 5200 adapter?

thats where I want mine to stay so i may switch up easily if I want to. My CC2 stays with my 7800 as well. Glad i got in on this before it was gone if for the last time as well.

Andit's a keeper. You'll have to pry my Krok from my cold dead joystick arthitic hands. :D

Oh yea someone whos tried it, please let me know about the adapter. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know for sure if this works in a 5200 adapter?

thats where I want mine to stay so i may switch up easily if I want to. My CC2 stays with my 7800 as well. Glad i got in on this before it was gone if for the last time as well.

Andit's a keeper. You'll have to pry my Krok from my cold dead joystick arthitic hands. :D

Oh yea someone whos tried it, please let me know about the adapter. Thanks :)

AFAIK the only thing it doesn't work on is the Flashback 2.

*jumps up and down* Sooo close... I can just taste the plastic!

P.S. I don't recommend eating plastic.

Edited by keilbaca