IGNORED

Best Elect. switchbox and cable

RangerG

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering the same thing myself. Here's the link to a description of it on Best Electronics webpage:

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/TV_sw.htm

There's also a comparison of it with the Coaxial (F-Type) to Female RCA Adapter. Best Electronics says that the switch box they have produces a cleaner picture because it has RF interference suppressing circuits and the adapter doesn't. Is it true that their switch box produces a cleaner picture than the direct adapter? Thanks in advance for your response. Michael

There's also a comparison of it with the Coaxial (F-Type) to Female RCA Adapter.  Best Electronics says that the switch box they have produces a cleaner picture because it has RF interference suppressing circuits and the adapter doesn't.  Is it true that their switch box produces a cleaner picture than the direct adapter?  Thanks in advance for your response.  Michael

I'd also like to know if this claim is true. I have had excellent luck with the Coaxial (F-Type) to Female RCA adapters and usually get very clean, inteference-free pictures from them when using them with 2600 and 5200 systems (ColecoVisions are another story). I haven't seen any switchboxes yet that produce a better picture than the small coaxial to RCA adapter so it'd be great to see a comparision between them and the switchbox that Best is selling.

..Al

I'd also like to know if this claim is true.  I have had excellent luck with the Coaxial (F-Type) to Female RCA adapters and usually get very clean, inteference-free pictures from them when using them with 2600 and 5200 systems (ColecoVisions are another story).

Good to know I'm not the only one here. My CV looks WRETCHED with the adapter, but crystal clear with a good switch box. Go figure.

I called up Best Electronics to ask about the switch boxes, and the guy there said it depends on how much RF interference is in your area. If there's not a lot in your area then there probably isn't going to be too much difference in comparison to the Coaxial (F-Type) to Female RCA Adapter . The guy there is very nice and extremely helpful by the way. I'm going to order one from him and give it a try. I'll let you know how well it works.