IGNORED

Atari800 Emu for PPC?

Heaven/TQA

I've tried a few of the mobile versions of the emulation on various platforms, I don't think that any of the devices have the CPU power to achieve 100% yet especially with the usual ported C code. I've not tried the latest models of Ipaq myself though. I know that the C64 emulation is pretty accurate on the Ipaqs although they too state that many of the more taxing operations will not be accurate. So I guess unless someone codes in 100% the language of the devices from scratch or some very good optimisation of the code, we will have to wait for faster CPUs.

Hi Heaven,

try out version 1.30 for win ce available at atari 800 sourceforge site. My Typhoon (400 MHz) runs most times 100% but the emulation speeds up if it runs for a while... maybe the emulator is set to 60 Hz and it runs then right - there is no setting for framerate in the menu - have to chek the cnf-file sometimes...

in theory, the XScale based PPCs should be more than fast enough. The ARM CPU is very capable of emulating the 6502 -- the GBA with it's 16mhz ARM can pull off emulating a NES at full speed.

But, the problem is that nobody seems to want to spend the time in writing a custom emulator for the hardware. It's much "easier" to simply recompile an existing emulator and toss on a quick GUI than it is to write a new emulator from the ground up.

BTW -- what is the typical screen resolution on a PPC device? Can the whole Atari display be shown without any scaling?