IGNORED

Carry case card slot woes

crc_73

Does anyone else have problems with their game cards staying put with the older design carry case (the one without the velcro window flap to hold the cards in)?

The cards invariably come out with the least amount of movement, and end up all over the shop.

Anyone with any quick solutions?

• 10 months later...

I use items like this to hold my carts within the Lynx Carrying Case:

pc100_b.jpg

Not this brand... but similar boxes. They are cheap. Hold well. Just rotate the carts so that they stack together without stacking with a 'slant' Not sure if that made any sense... but if you stacked Lynx carts in the past, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I Currently have two 100 card count boxes holding most games. A 50 count box holding games I NORMALLY play a lot. The ones in the 100 count boxes are in alphabetical order. :)

I've always had problems keeping cards in the little slots, since my case didn't have the little plastic flap over the rows. I've since bought a case in a thrift that has the plastic flap, but I still use my original instead.

For long term storage, I used to pull the grey plastic insert inside a CD jewel case out, break off the spindle/hub that the CD clicks onto, and use a Dremel handheld cutter/sander to cut a slot halfway between the top and the hub just long enough to fit the curved part of a Lynx cartridge. Pop the insert back into the jewel case, put a cartridge inside, and there you go. For the early cartrdges that didn't have the curved lip, I put a thin layer of foam inside with the shape of a cartridge cut out on the inside of the jewel case.