IGNORED

Wanted: 2600 Box Scans

Albert

I just added a large slew of 2600 box scans to our database (thanks to Dan Cage and CPUWIZ) and made a list of scans we're still missing. If you have any of these boxes and can scan them in, please send me a private message. Thanks!

Atari:

- Obelix - Silver NTSC

- Pepsi Invaders

- Racing Pack

Bomb:

- Assault

- Great Escape

Coleco:

- Smurfs Save the Day (big box, I know.. )

Commavid:

- Magicard (no such thing, my bad)

Parker Brothers:

- Action Force (PAL)

Sears

- 3D Tic-Tac-Toe

- Adventure

- Asteroids (64)

- Asteroids (66)

- Backgammon

- Brain Games

- Cannon Man

- Checkers

- Circus

- Codebreaker

- Dare Diver

- Demons to Diamonds

- Dodger Cars

- Haunted house

- Math

- Math Gran Prix

- Maze Mania

- Othello

- Soccer

- Spelling

- Star Raiders

- Superman

- Video Chess

- Warlords

- Yars' Revenge

Spectravision

- Bumper Bash

- Gas Hog

- Mangia

- Master Builder

Starpath

- Survival Island (no box exists)

- Sword of Saros (no box exists)

Telegames

- Adventures on GX-12 (PAL)

- Astroblast

- Bogey Blaster (PAL)

- Kung Fu Superkicks

- Lock 'N' Chase

- Night Stalker

- Space Attack

- Super Challenge Baseball

- Super Challenge Football

Wizard Video

- Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Xonox

- Artillery Duel

- Artillery Duel / Ghost Manor

- Artillery Duel / Spike's Peak

- Chuck Norris Superkicks

- Chuck Norris Superkicks / Ghost Manor

- Chuck Norris Superkicks / Spike's Peak

- Ghost Manor

- Robin Hood

- Robin Hood / Super Kung Fu (PAL)

- Sir Lancelot

- Spike's Peak

- Tomarc the Barbarian / Motocross Racer

I am crossing off games as I receive them, please check this list before sending me a scan. Thanks!

..Al

Commavid:

- Magicard

:ponder:

Yeah, yeah, I had a brain fart with that, not sure why I listed it. Survival Island and Sword of Saros don't have boxes either. :)

I may scan a few of those this weekend, I have most of them.  ;)

Great! :)

BTW, you need to fix the Eli's Ladder comment about it being a regilious game.  :P

Was there a discussion about this I missed?

..Al

I can't help out with boxes, but if you need manuals scanned, I have a list of 'em here, and I'd be glad to scan any you still need.

The 2600 manuals need a lot of work--I already have many scanned, they just need to be processed (cropped, rotated, resized, compressed, named properly, etc.) before they can be put online. Which I want to do before I start asking others for manuals, as I have a pretty large collection of 2600 manuals myself. Will take you up on your offer, though, when that time comes. :)

Thanks,

..Al

Okay, I've changed the description as follows,

Eli's Ladder is an educational game aimed at children, where math problems need to be solved to help Eli and his crew climb a ladder to his space ship so they can then journey to the Moon. The game included a wall chart and stickers designed to help motivate children progress through the problems. This is one of the rarest Atari 2600 games and apparently saw fairly limited distribution.

Did the game really not include a box? Seems as if it had a cartridge, instructions, a wall chart and stickers that it would have come in something?

..Al

Did the game really not include a box?

I take Rolenta's word for it, he bought it when it came out. :)

I believe him, but presumably it had to come in something, even if it was just a paper bag. :)

..Al

Perhaps in came in a large Ziplock bag, like the Magicard. I sold David Akers's (programmer of Star Strike & Bump'N'Jump) personal Magicard a few years ago on eBay and he still had the original bag for it. :ponder: :?

Did the game really not include a box?

I take Rolenta's word for it, he bought it when it came out. :)

I believe him, but presumably it had to come in something, even if it was just a paper bag. :)

..Al

Most educational software from the era, at least the software I've seen, typically came shrinkwrapped with a cardboard backing. The backing was usually plain, but sometimes may have had a simple design on it, somewhat similar to the blister packs CCE games came in.

What resolution do you want for the scans Al?  I can get some of that list done today if you'd like. :)

200dpi scans would be nice, 300dpi is best. I can then crop and scale down and compress as necessary for the site, but it's good to have higher resolution originals. :)

Thanks!

..Al

I've got some of the telegames boxes in storage, will work on pulling them out.

FYI, there are 2 different versions of Maze Craze.  The text label boxes came with different artwork (different from the one that is listed on AtariAge).

picture here

Ahh, yes, I need to fix that, thanks for pointing it out (I completely forgot about the alternate artwork). So that's another scan I need--I don't have that box personally.

..Al

just scanned in (at 400dpi):

Telegames Super CHallenge Baseball

Telegames Super Challenge Football

Telegames Kung Fu Superkicks

Maze Craze alternate box

and a Telegames quest for quintana roo instruction sheet

How should I send thse in?

I've just put these all online:

Sears: Asteroids

Telegames: Super Challenge Baseball

Telegames: Super Challenge Football

Telegames: Kung-Fu Superkicks

Thanks Dogbowl!

..Al

I must have psychic ability because yesterday I was still working on the label/box list and emailed Albert about box scans. In fact I sent him Sears Circus, a lot better copy of front and back of Sears Night Driver, and will be sending him scans of Sears Warlords and Sears Video Chess. We were discussing doing the label variation scans and he's going to set up the database. I'm assuming he'll be talking to the biggies on here who have many copies of carts for scans. This project will take awhile.

I'm going to review the catalog section to make sure everything I own is on there, or else I'll scan those too.

Instructions will take awhile and again will take the input of everyone on here. This project is definitely going to be fun.

Phil