IGNORED

Wanted: 2600 Box Scans

Albert

I must have psychic ability because yesterday I was still working on the label/box list and emailed Albert about box scans.  In fact I sent him Sears Circus, a lot better copy of front and back of Sears Night Driver, and will be sending him scans of Sears Warlords and Sears Video Chess.

Just put up the Circus and Night Driver scans (you're right, the box we had up there wasn't in great condition). Thanks!

..Al

Sears Warlords and Video Chess are now sent. If anyone sees a scan that doesn't look great and you can upgrade it to a better one, feel free to send it to Albert. We want to try and have the best specimens up there. We'll take any for the moment if there are no scans, but eventually the site should have the best scan. That is to give everyone the full detail of each label or box or in the future, instructions. As Albert instructed, 300dpi is the best for him to work with.

Phil

You're missing alot more scans than the ones you listed. You don't have either Milton Bradley games.

Also, can whoever did the scans for these games, I need the following info.

Spy Hunter - is the copyright date on the side of the box, if so, what year?

Mr Do's Castle - is this a 2 piece or 1 piece box?

Montezuma's Revenge - is the copyright date on side of box, if so, what year?

I'll probably have alot more quesitons, but will get to them some time in the future as I come across them.

Phil

You're missing alot more scans than the ones you listed. You don't have either Milton Bradley games.  

Also, can whoever did the scans for these games, I need the following info.

Spy Hunter - is the copyright date on the side of the box, if so, what year?  

Mr Do's Castle - is this a 2 piece or 1 piece box?

Montezuma's Revenge - is the copyright date on side of box, if so, what year?

I'll probably have alot more quesitons, but will get to them some time in the future as I come across them.

Phil

1.) No, it's on the back, ©1983

2.) Two piece

3.) Yes, ©1984

Spy Hunter - is the copyright date on the side of the box' date=' if so, what year?

Phil[/quote']

The box scan on AA does not have a copyright date of 1983 on the back. So is this a different box variation? I'm adding these to the list, so if there are 2 versions, I'd like to have both listed.

Phil

Spy Hunter - is the copyright date on the side of the box' date=' if so, what year?

Phil[/quote']

The box scan on AA does not have a copyright date of 1983 on the back. So is this a different box variation? I'm adding these to the list, so if there are 2 versions, I'd like to have both listed.

Phil

Sega boxes are oversized, the scan is cropped on the bottom. :ponder:

Well, either that will be the "official" box for the game, or Albert should put one of those "no box" logos in the area. His choice. Also, did Smurf's Saves the Day have a box on its own? I have a sealed Kid Vid, so I'm not going to open mine to find out. I could take a digital picture of the Kid Vid, since it's too big for the scanner if that is needed. LMK.

Phil

I have a sealed Kid Vid, so I'm not going to open mine to find out. I could take a digital picture of the Kid Vid, since it's too big for the scanner if that is needed.

Can you scan it in multiple passes then assemble the pieces in Photoshop?

I've got an 11 x 17 scanner here, but I don't suppose you'd want to send it to me for scanning. :roll:

Well, either that will be the "official" box for the game, or Albert should put one of those "no box" logos in the area. His choice. Also, did Smurf's Saves the Day have a box on its own? I have a sealed Kid Vid, so I'm not going to open mine to find out. I could take a digital picture of the Kid Vid, since it's too big for the scanner if that is needed. LMK.

I have some commercial image stitching software that I've used in the past to stitch the large Lynx manuals together and it works very well. I can use it to stitch the Smurf's Save the Day box as well, as long as there is some overlap between each of the pieces. :)

..Al

Ok, I'll see what I can do tonight.  My box is minty mint, so it's a good specimen. I may consider doing one of the sides too. We'll see.

Great, thanks! I have lots of other boxes I need to put online later this evening so I can cross off more titles from the above list. :)

..Al

Well, the Kid Vid and Smurfs Saves the Day I guess is going to have the same box. I don't know if Albert wants to cover writing details in the box scans, but he puts down Standard Box for many boxes, though I don't know what is the definition of Standard Box. To me, a standard box is one that is whole that has a top folding flap. Parker Brothers have some like that, but others are 2-piece. I think this should be noted just in case there are more than one version out there.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I've just checked the 2600 listings and have seen the scanned copies I've made of various game boxes for the first time on the AA site and must say that I do take some pride in seeing them there for all to enjoy and posterity.

I promise to finish off these scans with manuals (most of them) and cart labels too to complete the archive.

Sad I know, but after 20+ years, I still get a kick out of looking at Atari boxes :D

I've got some of the telegames boxes in storage, will work on pulling them out.

FYI, there are 2 different versions of Maze Craze.  The text label boxes came with different artwork (different from the one that is listed on AtariAge).

picture here

There is also a box with a different amout of games on, one has 16 the other has 256 ( I even have one with that was 256 but they have stuck a sticker over it so its now 16 ) I have 4 Maze Crazes :-)