IGNORED

An unreleased JD Casten game

DEBRO

Okay all you JD Casten fans here is an unreleased/unfinished JD Casten game.

The name of this game is Snafu. He never finished it but it looks promising to me.

Like other JD Casten games this is written in Atari BASIC. Instead of me tell you about it, here is what JD had to say.

I have attached, however, another BASIC game that I had just started (only one screen, with a never-ending supply of lives to test it), that was entitled SNAFU.  Basically, you just have to collect fruit, and avoid the briar patches and snakes (which could be programmed to get longer as the levels progress simply by changing a variable).  You can walk your single-eyeballed alien, named “Snafu,” left or right, or reverse gravity by pressing the trigger (and sometimes the entire screen will turn upside-down when you collect fruit, or plunge a plunger).  I think this game had possibilities, but I got too busy with college life to finish it.  The ATR file should work on the Atari800Win PLus 4.0 emulator.  Thanks again for your interest.

This looks like another JD Casten original :thumbsup:

snafu.zip

Okay all you JD Casten fans here is an unreleased/unfinished JD Casten game.

The name of this game is Snafu. He never finished it but it looks promising to me.

Like other JD Casten games this is written in Atari BASIC. Instead of me tell you about it, here is what JD had to say.

I have attached, however, another BASIC game that I had just started (only one screen, with a never-ending supply of lives to test it), that was entitled SNAFU.  Basically, you just have to collect fruit, and avoid the briar patches and snakes (which could be programmed to get longer as the levels progress simply by changing a variable).  You can walk your single-eyeballed alien, named “Snafu,” left or right, or reverse gravity by pressing the trigger (and sometimes the entire screen will turn upside-down when you collect fruit, or plunge a plunger).  I think this game had possibilities, but I got too busy with college life to finish it.  The ATR file should work on the Atari800Win PLus 4.0 emulator.  Thanks again for your interest.

This looks like another JD Casten original :thumbsup:

Wow. Looks really very nice!!! I think it would be cool to finish this stuff...

It seems to me game engine is complete and if we add some new screens and lives counter where will be new piece of quality game on the market. 8)

F.

Had not seen it yet but in concept it sounded like an idea I had on variations of surround where different objects would cause things to happen (like a gopher hole would make you re-appear at another gopher hole).

It was mostly a concept I developed on paper for my senior year. I had about 5 concept games but spent most of my time during that course sleeping. :lol: Something to do with staying up all night playing other 8-bit games.