IGNORED

A project I did a while back...Cuttle Cart Inside!

mvigor

Hey all. I don't think I ever posted any pictures of this project that I finished a couple years ago.

Basically I hate extra wires running all over the place and I got tired of having a power cord for the CD player and the audio cord from the Cuttle Cart so I built it all into the console.

The Cuttle Cart is actually completely inside the 2600 cabinet, completely intact, running on a second internal cart port, selectable with an added switch. My only complaint about the finished product is that the video on this 2600 that I used is a bit staticky.

1.jpg

This is how the console looks when assembled.

2.jpg

The Cuttle Cart lives inside, unharmed. :) It is plugged into a second cart port internally. Cuttle Cart is sent audio from directly inside the CD player...no wires showing outside!

3.jpg

Of course the built-in cart port works fine too.

4.jpg

Yes, they really are connected together. :D

5.jpg

This switch selects internal Cuttle Cart or top cart port.

6.jpg

This audio jack sends the Cuttle Cart audio from a cassette, computer, PDA, or whatever else you want besides the CD player.

7.jpg

Some wiring is also in place to add in a receiver for wireless IR controllers, but that part of the project was not completed.

Cool stuff. 8)

My personal dream is wireless a CC or KrokoCart (Bluetooth!).  

Anyone else, who would be interested? And how much extra money would you pay for that?

Hot damn, that would be cool. But it'd require even more power, and both the CC and KrokoCart require an external power source right now. So the only reasonable way this would be accomplished would be to use longer cartridge shells, something like the CommaVid carts (or maybe Xonox). Having a wireless cart that I could program from my laptop without even having to remove the cart from the 2600 would totally rock. :)

..Al

But it'd require even more power, and both the CC and KrokoCart require an external power source right now.

Well, the KrokoCart I tested worked perfectly in my Darth Vader without additional external power. And I have only a 400mA power supply! :)

id easily pay $50 more for wireless, at least

@Chad, Kroko etc.: Are you listening :?: :?: :?: