IGNORED

Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Never releases on A8????

zenassem

I was just lookiing for Ghouls 'n Ghosts (A.k.a. Ghost 'N Goblins), yet I don't see it for the 800/xe/xl. Only C64, Atari ST. I though I remebered playing it on my atari. Though I could just be remebering my NES version.

If it wasn't released, I think this would be a good candidate for a port.

I'm in the process of re-learning atari hardware and code, so it will be a while off before I can code something like this. My first big projects I am planning is a re-port od Gauntlet, and Soem original NES releases.

IE. Castlevania, Kid Icarus, Super Mario Bros., Zelda.

Right now I'm basically working on the Character Sets, while studying DLI's and Scrolling/Display techniques and Antic "Trickery". At first I was going to try to keep them all CTIA compatible, but the GTIA modes will work better for some of them.

~Zen

Ignore CTIA compatibility - not required since very few machines have them and anyone interested today wouldnt use a CTIA machine.

A Super Mario Bros clone is already being written.

Ghosts and Ghouls never made it to the XL/XE line though I believe a clone was created under a different name

Goochman,

I saw the Super Mario 3 being written, but I wasn't aware of an original SMB 1 being worked on. I've only seen a "not quite so good" port. I have to say that the SMB3 looks really good, much better than I would have thought could be pulled off.

SMB1 is a good game for me to work on because it has a little bit of everything that I'm looking to do. (ie. scrolling, platforms, strong level design, colorful graphics, sprite multiplexing, collision detection, tileset animation, musical composition, and Fun to play!) I may just try to code one level to learn from.

Castlevania I & II would be my ultimate goal.

~zen

~zen

I was just lookiing for Ghouls 'n Ghosts (A.k.a. Ghost 'N Goblins), yet I don't see it for the 800/xe/xl.

nope, there wasn't official conversion for A8.

"DOMAIN OF THE UNDEAD" is in a way similar to this title although it's shorter and overall it's only wretched imitation... :D ;) :P

I saw a demo-version of the Polish game called "GHASTLY NIGHT" and it looks like "GHOST'N GOBLINS" from other computers. The hero and enemies were quite big and graphics was good. It was to be released by STAN-BIT but unfortunately it failed (its authors were BROTHERS PRODUCTION (B. Sellinger with his brother) ). :sad: :(

No G 'n G :( .Thanks for the info. Looks I'm going to busy programming. Ah just like the old days.

I've begun work on Castlevania. Still trying to get used to the quirky graphics modes and mac/65. Not as easy as using Masm. But it gets the job done. Can't remember the last time I was concerned with saving bytes.

While I'm polishing up my knowledgge of atari programming I began setting up the title screen. (hey, it's a start) It looks better on an actual Commodore 1702 then it does from a screen shot in the emulator without scan lines. The colors are a little off from my monitor display as well.

atari000.jpg

~zen

I was just lookiing for Ghouls 'n Ghosts (A.k.a. Ghost 'N Goblins), yet I don't see it for the 800/xe/xl.

nope, there wasn't official conversion for A8.

"DOMAIN OF THE UNDEAD" is in a way similar to this title although it's shorter and overall it's only wretched imitation... :D ;) :P

I saw a demo-version of the Polish game called "GHASTLY NIGHT" and it looks like "GHOST'N GOBLINS" from other computers. The hero and enemies were quite big and graphics was good. It was to be released by STAN-BIT but unfortunately it failed (its authors were BROTHERS PRODUCTION (B. Sellinger with his brother) ). :sad: :(

hi !! and where can we find the demo of GHASTLY NIGHT?