IGNORED

Do these games make your hand hurt?

Damon Plus

My friend told me something about "Nintenditus" i thought he was makin it up and he told me it's when ur hands start to hurt a lot after playing NES a lot. Isthis real? :? Also, this really isnt classic gaming but anyone remember Mario Party 1 and how bad ur plams hurt after playing the tug-o-war game? It dented my skin for about a week and ruined my freakin joystick. :x

Hadn't suffered pain ither than a popped blood vessel when the game cheated. But I do know of medical stories where excessive gaming have caused pain and even carpenal tunnel syndrom. One case, someone's hands were going numb for hours after playing. Seems he was playing too much with a vibrating controller. I hope he knew the difference between PSX controller and a vibrator for the women. :D

I was a member of the Number Thumb Club as well, but maybe because I was so young I never experienced any hand soreness (unlike I do now with a PS1/PS2 controller).

However I always had eye strain and eye dryness problems. Especially not being able to pause on Atari you never had the opportunity to take a 15 to refocus your eyes. I don't know if anyone else gets this but I'll be playing for a while then finally blink and my eyes start tearing up and burning from dryness. When I wore contact lenses they'd often pop out from staring at the game so long and never blinking.

II don't know if anyone else gets this but I'll be playing for a while then finally blink and my eyes start tearing up and burning from dryness.

You're not the only one. When I realize this is happening I usually try to make myself put the games away for the night. By the time it gets to that point I know I've stayed up too late again and should go to bed anyway. 8)

-S