IGNORED

My Puzzy don't roll...... ntsc?

Blackjack

I was under the impression that pal carts "roll" when played on ntsc systems/tv's.

I got this Puzzy Sea Monster in the mail the other day and it plays perfectly on my ntsc. It came in a box lot from canada along with a bunch of other carts that were all ntsc. Sea Monster was the only pal title. Could there have been an ntsc release of this game?

post-5519-1099520307_thumb.jpg

Blackjack i'm sure you know this already but just in case. Carts sold in canada would be NTSC.

Yeah, I know. But since I couldn't find any info on an ntsc version of this game, I thought maybe it was a pal cart that he had picked up on ebay by mistake or while he was on vacation or something. AA database only has it as pal. I'm pleasantly surprised at the existence of the ntsc version.

...and it's definitely not a 9. ;)

Are you suggesting that it is a 10? Just kidding. :wink:

Right now, it is not even a rarity=? since it does not have an entry in the database. From the tally in the rarity forum, it looks like there are 6 AA members that own one and you make the seventh. That is fewer than Magicard and Music Machine, but that does not mean it is a 10. But still, it is informative to keep track of it.

Maybe some day, it will actually get an entry in the database...along with silver hangman, sears pic superman, atari library pak, superman wallet pak, tron joystick pak and so on and so on.

Maybe some day, it will actually get an entry in the database...along with silver hangman, sears pic superman, atari library pak, superman wallet pak, tron joystick pak and so on and so on.

Atari library pak was just a storage case was it not? Did it include any carts? If not then I don't think it fits in database. It would fit in an accessory & hardware guide, but not a cartridge listing. The Tron set included a boxed game inside so they were packaged together & I can see it fitting, as well as the others you have listed, but if no cartridges were packaged with it, I don't think it belongs in the database. Better suited for an accessory database like gamerz has set up.

The library pak came packaged with two games, canyon bomber and something else, would have to go look it up.

I don't see any mention of this anywhere. I thought you were referring to the Atari library modular storage case thingie. Although looking that up it has a different part number too. But you mean as in the other pak sets like Back to School & Action & Racing.

I searched the forums here & google groups but only found three mentions of this all from you. :? This isn't listed in DP guide either. Do you own this? Do you have a picture of one that exists?

Blackjack wrote:  

CPUWIZ wrote:  

Click on "Search" and type Puzzy NTSC.  

So if I'm reading this correctly, I just got me an R9.  

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17963  

That would be my second in just 2 months. Now I'm jazzed  

Anyone have a guess as to $ value?  

$20-25 tops.

:ponder: I dunno, as someone who doesnt have one, I would probably pay more than that for it, after all, it is pretty rare it seems. :)

Si

Now I'm just kinda confused. If only 6 AA members own one besides me, I'm thinkin' it's pretty darn rare.

Only 6 people said they own one, there are hundreds of people who don't give a rats ass about the rarity forum. ;)

I stopped posting my new aquisitions a while back as well. :ponder:

due to the 2600's unique video chip, it seems likely using my common sense (there's some there..!) that PAL/NTSC encoding is purely in software for 2600 games (so you just need an PAL-compatible TV to play a PAL game, even if you're using an "american" 2600). am i right in saying this? this is sorta also a question for me, because i'm looking to buy a few NTSC games (they're in australia, as am i, so things are usually PAL, but my el-cheapo TV can handle NTSC - take note of this, blackjack! it's incredibly likely that your TV can handle PAL (at least in australia, you can't buy a TV without NTSC support nowadays!)

that's my 2 cents or whatever :D

-duncan

due to the 2600's unique video chip, it seems likely using my common sense (there's some there..!) that PAL/NTSC encoding is purely in software for 2600 games (so you just need an PAL-compatible TV to play a PAL game, even if you're using an "american" 2600). am i right in saying this? this is sorta also a question for me, because i'm looking to buy a few NTSC games (they're in australia, as am i, so things are usually PAL, but my el-cheapo TV can handle NTSC - take note of this, blackjack! it's incredibly likely that your TV can handle PAL (at least in australia, you can't buy a TV without NTSC support nowadays!)

Not quite.

The framerate is in the software, yes, which is why badly programmed games like Artillery Duel and Air Raid don't even work on all NTSC systems.

However, the PAL/NTSC encoding is down to the Atari. Hence you stick an NTSC cart in a PAL machine you get PAL-60 (60Hz PAL - not uncommon) and a PAL cart in an NTSC machine you get NTSC-50 (50Hz NTSC - unheard of!).

Most PAL TVs can do 60Hz, many can do NTSC. NTSC TV's however can not usually do PAL. I think they kind of figure there's no need....