IGNORED

Pick SNOT!

Mortal Kombat Fanboy

Man, poor Henry Thomas. I mean, Wil Wheaton has to live with his Wesley Crusher past (which he is mostly coming to terms with now that he's found his inner geek), but HT was on the cover of millions of units of one of the first shovelware games in history. I mean, it's an icon of the whole concept of shovelware.

"The E.T. video game was unplayable, and five million of the six million game cartridges that were produced never sold."

Unplayable? Funny, I managed to play and win it several times.

And while it's true they didn't sell nearly as many carts as they made, I don't think a million copies sold qualifies as "snot"

I mean, it's an icon of the whole concept of shovelware.

I thought shovelware was along the lines of this definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shovelware

"his is commonly used to describe software on CD-ROMs, whose large capacity inspires producers to fill them with useless clutter without regard to integration issues or usability so they can advertise the comprehensiveness of the product.

The term is coined with semantic analogy to "freeware", "shareware", etc. Rather than hand-picking software and carefully placing it in the collection, the analogy goes, the publisher has indiscriminately "shoveled" the software on to the CD. Hence, shovelware."