IGNORED

Wich game has most different stages?

Damon Plus

Back in the day E.T. caused a lot of folks to suffer the stages of denial, bargaining, anger, despair, and finally 2 decades later it's finding some acceptance. :D

That question leaves a lot of interpretation so here are some of the things that come to mind for me. Activision Decathlon or any of the Epyx sports games have lots of different things to do. Porky's also has some pretty distinct stages. Dark Chambers also has several levels.

Tunnel Runner had a ton of levels with different mazes and inceasing difficulty (to the point where the maze turned invisible).

Same 'screen' though, just different colors and mazes.

Although, the same could be said of Q-Bert I guess.

Back in the day E.T. caused a lot of folks to suffer the stages of denial, bargaining, anger, despair, and finally 2 decades later it's finding some acceptance. :D

Damn! You make it sound like people went though Elizabeth Kübler-Ross 5 stages of grieving! 8)

DENIAL AND ISOLATION - "NO, NOT ME, IT CANNOT BE TRUE."

ANGER - "WHY ME.".

BARGAINING - "YES ME ... BUT"

DEPRESSION - "YES ME."

ACCEPTANCE - "IT'S OKAY."

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

17.  After that it's random.

So really, it has an infinite number of levels . .

Have you ever gotten past level 17 to see what's there? Levels 18-20 are very tough. After level 20, it is "random". It randomly selects your next level from levels 13-20 and you play that selection next.

If you play game 5, levels go "random" after level 17 is cleared. Maybe this is where the confusion came from. But, there really are exactly 20 distinct levels. There is nothing random about the playfield on each level, just the selection of the level number to be played next(13-20).

Damn! You make it sound like people went though Elizabeth Kübler-Ross 5 stages of grieving! 8)

DENIAL AND ISOLATION - "NO, NOT ME, IT CANNOT BE TRUE."

ANGER - "WHY ME.".

BARGAINING - "YES ME ... BUT"

DEPRESSION - "YES ME."

ACCEPTANCE - "IT'S OKAY."

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Ha. I just went over that stuff a little over an hour ago in my psych class. Small world.

is

Fathom has just an insane amount of screens, each level grows exponentially up and down and left and right. it also has many different levels.

turmoil has lots of stages

and space master x-7 never seems to repeat stages, it just keeps getting harder and ive been in the 20-30 stage range myself.

How many levels are there in River Raid before you get back to the much harder level 1?  20?  24?  I know I've done it a few times, but never kept track . . .

And doesn't Crazy Valet have like 400 patterns?

I think it's a 15-bit polynomial which would mean 32K, but I think it moves the polynomial forward more than once per level.

Still, I doubt that anyone can play for that long.